Apple assembly partner Foxconn plans US expansion

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Now, sir, protect our civil and human rights, stand for freedom and tolerance, come on board the ' climate science train', fix your conflicts of interest and we may have ourselves a winner. 

I am anti-human rights, as not all humans are entitled to have such rights, such as islamic terrorists and illegal enemy combatants, for example.

Trump agrees with me, and we will begin with enhanced interrogation techniques soon and a few other goodies too.

I am also anti-liberal-climate change, which is a scam and based on lies, deception and pseudo liberal science.

I am also anti-tolerance, as what liberals believe is tolerance is actually intolerance, and I am in favor of being intolerant towards the intolerant and other ignorant people, who deserve nothing but scorn.
    boltsfan17
  • Reply 22 of 29
    I agree with much of what you say. Although your climate change misgivings/ignorance is only from buying into  unscientific, rhetoric based information.

Illiberal and radical elements in the world should be excised, either through information or military based means. I am sad that you scorn those who have good intentions, and are open to a truth and coexistence based reality. If not that, then what? 

You would like to think that we are all different, but commonality is more likely in decent people.

Realease the tension a little. If a liberal can give Mr. trump a chance, why can't you keep an open mind. We are all on the same team, no matter how much you seen to want to find separation. 

I respect you, do you feel the same about the many who disagree with you?
  • Reply 23 of 29
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    netrox said:
    How can Trump make agreements if he is still not a president? He has no authority to impose tariffs or any other policies until he becomes a president. 
    Making business agreements and imposing tariffs are completely different things. He can do all the agreements he wants before he is sworn into office. He obviously can't impose tariffs now. 
  • Reply 24 of 29
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

I respect you, do you feel the same about the many who disagree with you?
    Respect is of course a two way street, and I don't have any problem with you specifically, because you are able to communicate in a civilized manner, so sure, I can respect you back. I don't have any problem with that.

But I can not say the same for the other 97% of liberals that I have come across, the people who have been calling me and others like me nasty names and lying for a very long time now.

Those people are my enemies, and they're only one step down from terrorists on my list of people who I wish bad things upon.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    50,000 manufacturing jobs are not coming to a city near you. Most likely is that Tuppence will take credit for 50,000 jobs which on detailed inspection a year later will actually be done by robots and of course the robots will be owned by the Chinese, designed in Japan, assembled in China and sent back to China for maintenance. The factory will be designed in China and assembled by temporary US construction workers on land gifted by a US State with taxpayer incentives ....
  • Reply 26 of 29
    President Elect Trump deserves much credit in stirring the commerce pot.  
    Can you be more specific? What "commerce pot" has been stirred?
  • Reply 27 of 29
    50,000 manufacturing jobs are not coming to a city near you. Most likely is that Tuppence will take credit for 50,000 jobs which on detailed inspection a year later will actually be done by robots and of course the robots will be owned by the Chinese, designed in Japan, assembled in China and sent back to China for maintenance. The factory will be designed in China and assembled by temporary US construction workers on land gifted by a US State with taxpayer incentives ....
    Sadly, we will likely see a lot of this. Hopefully, there'll be enough real stuff happening on the ground to counterbalance this. People like Elon Musk are showing us that this can be done.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Dear Sir,
    I have a great proposal for you. My client is a Saudi prince....
  • Reply 29 of 29
    For me, President Elect Trump would never be my choice. His rhetoric, how he claims to be the latest and greatest, really rubbed me wrong, his many other shortcomings also. But, he is our elected leader, this we cannot reasonably doubt. Unless he doesn't adequately clear up his conflicts of interest. So we as a nation are stuck with him and must make the best of the situation.

Therefore and with good intention.... he must have a chance.

he has delivered on part of his rhetoric, even at this early stage. He talked big about stirring the pot with bringing back and saving jobs. Even now, way before it would be fair to judge him by, he is delivering that change of attitude and sentiment, both in a societal way and in actual intentions on some of the corporate and national players parts. This can not be ignored as a positive, a big one at that. I give credit where credit is do. I am now on his cheering team in this one specific dimension.  Bringing Boeing to attention, speaking to the One China Policy, realizing that, 'Clearing the Swamp', would be self defeating for the country. 

He is abhorent to me on most other Measurements. I have a shopping cart full of negatives about PEOTUS policies, beliefs and intentions.

But I love this country and I will make the best of it and speak the truth to power, search for commonality and work for the best. Like I have noticed about you, Ana....