Fitbit's Pebble buyout valued at less than $40M, more about fighting Apple than product line

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,134member
    linkman said:
    The Pebble Kickstarter page is full of comments from enraged, fuming, and flaming backers spouting plenty of obscenities! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-2-time-2-and-core-an-entirely-new-3g-ultra/posts/1752929
    This is funny. I'm kinda surprised there is no mention that people probably have a recourse through their consumer credit agreement with their credit card companies. 
  • Reply 22 of 25
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,898moderator
    cali said:
    cali said:
    Funny stuff.

though I wonder why Apple doesn't pick up cheap companies. Maybe Apple doesn't need any of their talent.
    “Buy a great company at a fair price, rather than a fair company at a great price.” - Warren Buffett / Berkshire Hathaway.

Except Pebble was a good company at a cheap price.
    Good companies often are sold for less than their debts and obligations, with shareholders being wiped out.  Is that what you're saying?
  • Reply 23 of 25
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,898moderator
    cali said:
    cali said:
    Funny stuff.

though I wonder why Apple doesn't pick up cheap companies. Maybe Apple doesn't need any of their talent.
    “Buy a great company at a fair price, rather than a fair company at a great price.” - Warren Buffett / Berkshire Hathaway.

Except Pebble was a good company at a cheap price.
    Apparently Pebble management didn't think it was a good company since they sold it without even covering their debts.  That sounds like the actions of a company trying to avoid bankruptcy. 
    They should have accepted the offer from Citizen last year. Rumors say the offer was for $740 million. 
    Good companies often turn down good offers in order to spend another year burning through their cash in a market dominated by the most innovative company of our era. Is that what you're saying?
  • Reply 24 of 25
    I'm just sad I won't get my Time 2. I was really looking forward to that. I like Pebble products and am an unabashed fan and was looking forward to what I felt would be their latest and greatest. If the hardware is being left behind, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for the hardware.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    macmcapplemacmcapple Posts: 8unconfirmed, member
    What's up with these aggressive, loud adverts??? I'm about to stop coming to this site.
    What Adverts? ;) #adblockplus