Apple seeds seventh public & developer betas of iOS 10.2

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple on Wednesday issued a seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers and the public, a mere two days after releasing the sixth one.

The code should be available as an over-the-air update for people who already have iOS 10.2 installed, or else through Apple's developer and public beta portals. It's not clear what changes have been made, but these are presumably concentrated on bugfixes rather than design tweaks or new features.

The pace of iOS 10.2 betas has become rapid-fire, as the fifth beta was released last Friday, less than a week ago. Apple is likely to release the finished software next week, given its promises about an iOS diagnostic tool.

One of 10.2's key features is a native "TV" app, offering a centralized interface for browsing, launching, and resuming TV shows. The update will also include things like new and redrawn emoji, options for preserving camera settings, and new screen effects in Messages.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,905member
    Basically getting ready for Christmas gift release for IOS, TVOS and watchOS.
    edited December 2016 mike1
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Those effin AirPods would be my gift
    sockrolidrazorpitmike1
  • Reply 3 of 8
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,056member
    Those effin AirPods would be my gift
    Maybe get someone a Pebble Watch.

Wait....
    razorpitmike1ai46wlym
  • Reply 4 of 8
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    wood1208 said:
    Basically getting ready for Christmas gift release for IOS, TVOS and watchOS.
    Yep, nothing like pounding the update servers on Christmas day...
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I don't know about you guys but to me, all these beta revisions suggests that iOS 10 is loaded with bugs and has been a disaster since it released. 

If Apple had worked out all the bugs from the beginning when iOS 10 was designed, we wouldn't have 7 beta's of 10.2. LOL. Clearly there's bug and bug that is being ironed out and I'm sure it's the public users that point this crap out because clearly the developers that are sitting on Apple's payroll can't figure this crap out on their own. 
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I just hope they have FINALLY fixed the safari typing bug which doesn't follow the text as you type, forcing me to manually move the screen over in order to see what I'm typing. 

There's also the bug that doesn't return the keyboard back to letters after going into the numbers font to insert a comma, for example. Before after you add a comma and click space, the keyboard would automatically go back to letters but now it doesn't, forcing me to manually do so, which is retarded and a huge step BACK for iOS instead of moving forward. 

I swear Apple software engineers aren't doing JACK when it comes to testing the software before releasing it to the public. Freakin ios 9 worked better in regards to the issues I've just described. How was this issue missed ALL THIS TIME?!?! Am I the only one who is annoyed by this lack of automation that was just present in earlier iOS versions?!?! 
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I just hope they have FINALLY fixed the safari typing bug which doesn't follow the text as you type, forcing me to manually move the screen over in order to see what I'm typing. 

There's also the bug that doesn't return the keyboard back to letters after going into the numbers font to insert a comma, for example. Before after you add a comma and click space, the keyboard would automatically go back to letters but now it doesn't, forcing me to manually do so, which is retarded and a huge step BACK for iOS instead of moving forward. 

I swear Apple software engineers aren't doing JACK when it comes to testing the software before releasing it to the public. Freakin ios 9 worked better in regards to the issues I've just described. How was this issue missed ALL THIS TIME?!?! Am I the only one who is annoyed by this lack of automation that was just present in earlier iOS versions?!?! 
    I agree with your first two points and your summary in part. I think the Apple staff is working to resolve these things but am also amazed how some of these obvious things persist. (As I've typed this, the text and cursor have dropped below the keyboard and I'm typing blind.)
    edited December 2016
  • Reply 8 of 8
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    iOS 10 is Apple's Windows Vista.

Just...look at Control Center. The removal of swipe to unlock and the interaction that replaces it, iMessages being a total Snapchat interaction mess with its super weird and crappy media insertion and bouncing hearts and balloons, Apple Music looking like a kids high school project and overall just the lack of attention to detail on every level.