Nintendo's 'Super Mario Run' for iPhone requires a persistent internet connection for play

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83
    2. The wheel comes from a timeless design created by nature. It is an unfair comparison. 
    Ah, yes; how could we forget those herds of wheeldabeest, careening around the Serengeti…
    jSnively
  • Reply 82 of 83
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Soli said:
    Soli said:
    Yes I've played Super Mario Bros., and the D-Pad did more than control the direction, it initiated the running. Super Mario Run is essentially Rayman with Mario as the character. The uninnovative game play, the price, and the need for a persistent internet connection is enough that I won't even consider buying this game.
    You honestly don't see how having an on-screen D-pad overlaying  the game to initiate running on an iPhone makes for a poorer experience?
    I definitely see that, however it is quite amusing that 20 year old game play is the best way to go with state of the art technology in 2016/2017. 
    1) According to your own comments, it's not "20 year old game play" because this Mario will run without user input.

2) Just because the wheel was invented 6000 years ago, doesn't mean Elon Musk is against using it in a Tesla.
    1.Like I said the game play is very much like Rayman which was first introduced in 1995. 
    But Rayman wasn't an auto-runner in 1995, it was a regular platformer.  Like Mario, which was released much earlier.

Having played SMR now, it seems very much like a Mario game, and it has exactly the same jump timing difficulty that it's always had, and if anything it's less forgiving because you can't go back.

I'm not seeing any way in which it's more like Rayman than New Super Mario Bros.
    edited December 2016 Soli