Apple working with Consumer Reports on MacBook Pro battery findings, says Phil Schiller

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 147
    The ARS Technica article is great.  Very Professional.
  • Reply 142 of 147
    hledgard said:
    They are people so bias shows up sometimes. 

However they hey are some of the most professional and objective folks out there. 

Ou wont find much in the way of clickbait, bashing, sensationalism, etc. 

They belong on any tech pro or fans frequent reference list. 
    macpluspluswatto_cobra
  • Reply 143 of 147
    hledgard said:

However they hey are some of the most professional and objective folks out there. 

One thing they omitted in that article is that Apple's battery estimates are based on 8 GB RAM. 16 GB RAM would consume more battery, obviously, because the RAM continuously draws power, there is no way to turn it on and off and it has no idle time.
    pulseimagesavon b7watto_cobra
  • Reply 144 of 147
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    hledgard said:

One thing they omitted in that article is that Apple's battery estimates are based on 8 GB RAM. 16 GB RAM would consume more battery, obviously, because the RAM continuously draws power, there is no way to turn it on and off and it has no idle time.
    Did they test a 15"? I think that only comes as a 16 GiB configuration so I'd assume Apple's battery life is based on 16 GiB for the 15" model.
    pulseimages
  • Reply 145 of 147
    Soli said:
    hledgard said:

Did they test a 15"? I think that only comes as a 16 GiB configuration so I'd assume Apple's battery life is based on 16 GiB for the 15" model.
    Yes, footnote #8 in Tech Specs. It has also a more powerful battery, 76 Wh.
  • Reply 146 of 147
    hledgard said:

Not sure that'd be too significant, at least from my perspective.  Mine is a maxed out 15" model (well, almost - 1TB SDD instead of 2TB) and I've been getting great battery life.
    pulseimages
  • Reply 147 of 147
    I have had my MBP 15" for about a week now. Battery life is about 4 to 5 hours at best.