Lawsuit blames Apple's 'less safe' FaceTime implementation for fatal traffic accident

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 125
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    brakken said:
    I'm not personally responsible for my personal actions! PAY ME MONEY!!!
    How exactly are the parents personally responsible for the death of their daughter when they were rear-ended by a driver not paying attention?

Not saying the lawsuit is a good idea, but please put a bit of thought into your multi-exclamation outrage at grieving parents.
    singularity
  • Reply 122 of 125
    It is currently possible to create such technology - essentially a proximity jammer mounted into a steering wheel with a precisely limited range of, say, three feet. Once that is in place, the manufacturer can be sued if it fails. Until then, there is only one person to blame.
  • Reply 123 of 125
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    It is currently possible to create such technology - essentially a proximity jammer mounted into a steering wheel with a precisely limited range of, say, three feet. Once that is in place, the manufacturer can be sued if it fails. 
    That's just bullshit.
    Until then, there is only one person to blame.
    And after that, there is still only one person to blame. 
    tallest skil
  • Reply 124 of 125
    ElainNJElainNJ Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    williamh said:
    You should wear a helmet because it can save your life. (Saved mine too.).  That doesn't mean there should be a law. 
    In theory, I agree.  In practice, however, all of us wind up paying way more in auto insurance when that insurance company has to pay millions to repair someone who incurred serious injuries due to their own poor choice not to wear a helmet. 

So, in the interest of keeping my auto insurance policy affordable, I'm in favor of helmet laws to protect motorcycle riders from their own potential poor decisions not to wear helmets.

- E