Review: Bragi's Headphone offers a solid alternative to Apple AirPods

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    techconservativetechconservative Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    AirPods look stupid and make the person wearing them look silly!! Seriously Apple!! A multi-billion dollar company and thats all you could come up with, cutting the cords off the EarPods!? I haven't had the pleasure of trying out the Bragi but they look much better and much more comfortable than the AirPods.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    ChrisMorellChrisMorell Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I like these earbuds, but they're not an alternative to AirPods.

These "truly" wireless headphones (and even many of the last generation ear-to-ear wireless headphones) each have battery lives were a secondary charging case becomes an essential convenience. (An oxymoron I know.)

There is no point in truly wireless headphones if one needs to run them back to a computer or wall outlet every few hours - that's why the AirPods are so good, you can charge them as convenient to you.

If anything the $10 price difference between the AirPods and the Bragi Dash highlight just how overpriced many truly wireless earphones are. The Dash looks like a compromised product in every way (including construction) - while the AirPods at just $10 more are a luxurious and complete design, and that's before considering their excellent water resistance, wireless range or pairing simplicity.

There are many different solutions for this. I have the Bragi Headphone, and have the case always connected to a super small battery pack in my work bag or gym bag. Multiple charge cycles. I highly doubt anyone will be carrying the AirPods case in a pocket, so adding a tiny bit more heft to the case isn't a big deal. 

I'm one of those people where any earbud-shape Apple headphone simply doesn't stay in my ear. Like literally won't stay in either ear. Period.