It's cold! These are the best iPhone-compatible gloves to keep your hands warm

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Very interesting. Any idea what is the lowest temperature in which an iPhone can function properly? If I was to take a trip to Antarctica, would it work in those extreme temperatures?
  • Reply 22 of 24
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    Very interesting. Any idea what is the lowest temperature in which an iPhone can function properly? If I was to take a trip to Antarctica, would it work in those extreme temperatures?

iPhone X Tech Specs
    Environmental Requirements
    • Operating ambient temperature: 0 to 35° C (32 to 95° F)
    • Non-operating temperature: −20 to 45° C (−4 to 113° F)
    Presumably that's the range Apple expects an iPhone to survive; mileage may vary beyond that but just don't expect any warranty or AppleCare to bail you out if your iPhone temperature escapade ends in tears.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    verthib said:
    None of these work with the iPhone 7 home button. The home button requires skin contact. This is another reason why I'm not a fan of the 7. 
    Odd that you say that as my iPhone 8 home button works fine through non-latex nitrile surgical gloves.  In fact, from my experience it works with any surgical gloves.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    friedmud said:
    Great list!

I just bought a pair of the new generation NorthFace "eTip" gloves and they are amazing.  There is no obvious "touch pad"... it just works like black magic.  They are super sensitive.  Highly recommended!

Here are the ones I got: 
    https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/mens-thermoball-etip-glove?variationId=MST

I use NorthFace eTip's for running.  Like Apple products, NorthFace products "just work" and these gloves are no exception.

The style I use is a medium weight cold weather.  But I think they have ones for very cold weather too.