Rumor: Apple's trio of new iPads may not launch until second half of 2017

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    A10X has the potential to be pretty incredible, as the A9X with 4GB RAM in the 12.9" iPad Pro is already very, very good. I have a hard time finding any way to make the performance slow down when using image editing software like Pixelmator…working with 30-40 layer files in high-res is just as fast as a single layer file. It's kind of crazy how powerful the iPad has become. 
  • Reply 22 of 25
    iPad Mini with Pencil or GTFO
  • Reply 23 of 25
    williamh said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    lkrupp said:
    Time to depress AAPL. Gotta satisfy the shorts. Happens like clockwork before every quarterly report.
    Cook's biggest mistake: paying out dividends.
    The stock was manipulated just as much before dividends were reintroduced. Also, Apple was having trouble putting all its cash to good use, so what else to do with the shareholder's money?
    buy back ALL the stock? stop wall street manipulating the company's value?
  • Reply 24 of 25
    blastdoor said:
    birko said:
    Don't care. My iPad 2 still serves me well. No need for a new one yet.
    I tried using Safari on my father's iPad 2 over the holidays and it was horribly slow. 

But it didn't used to be that way -- the iPad 2 used to be a perfectly cromulent device for web surfing. I think what has changed is that the web has added a bunch of CPU-draining cruft. If the iPad 2 supported a version of iOS that allowed Safari content blockers, then perhaps that would be a way around part of that cruft. But alas, it does not. 

I'm finding that even my iPad Air is starting to have some performance issues. 
    My son uses an iPad Mini 1 daily, it's updated as far as it will go (iOS 9) and runs like it did on day one. The battery still lasts several days, his games run fine as expected and it doesn't show any signs of slow down or lagging at all when I have a shot of it. It's the same internals as the iPad 2 if I'm not mistaken. It's always got less than 100mb of free memory too as he fills it with games. I always suggest to people experiencing slowdown after upgrade to do a clean install via iTunes.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    jbdragon said:
    New iPads need to get released soon!!! I really need to replace my iPad 3 with a new one as it's so SSLLLOOOOWWWWWW. I don't want a NEW iPad, I want prices to drop more for a nice used iPad Air 2 with 128 gig's. That would be more then good enough for my needs.
    I upgraded to an Air2 at Christmas on sale.   Its good at that price but the Pro's are over priced (no wonder sales have gone down).
    I've no need for a pencil.    I would consider a Pro if they add mouse support for when you use a keyboard  (iOS doesn't need to be a full windowing system, the 1/4 or 1/2 splits are fine).  If you are working/typing with a keyboard a mouse makes sense since you don't have to lift your arms to touch the screen (the same reason Apple didn't add full screen support to the macOS).   Would be nice on the big Pro.

Right now the Pro seems like a niche product for artists.   Remember what steve said about styluses when he introduced the iPhone.