FCC filing reveals Apple still working on Apple TV-shaped NFC, Bluetooth LE device

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    kkerst said:
    ireland said:
    NY1822 said:
    Wireless charging here we come 
    Seems a fitting conclusion. I expect the kind of wireless where you can walk around your home with a popular CE product and simply have it charge is the best part of ten years away.
    As you get cancer from a high amount of radiation. Wireless charging without a pad is a pipe dream.
    You're going to have to explain how the cancer mention works. And no, it's not a pipe dream.
  • Reply 22 of 24

cali said:
    What about a wireless Apple TV?
    Would that be wild or what? Plug a small transmitter into the outlet and the Apple TV both receives and transmits electricity. And PLEASE wireless HDMI.

Apple should stop being wusses and release a fully loaded $300 Apple TV with a loaded Siri Remote.

ideas?

-M Chip in Remote for precise motion control.

-Put the Kinect team to work(I'm sure they are)

-A-Gaming chip with graphics that pass iPad capability

-Taptic Engine(Solid state Remote)

-3D Touch

-Open Lightning port to 3rd parties for peripherals etc
    Let us know when you wake up in the morning.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    NY1822 said:
    kkerst said:
    ireland said:
    NY1822 said:
    Wireless charging here we come 
    Seems a fitting conclusion. I expect the kind of wireless where you can walk around your home with a popular CE product and simply have it charge is the best part of ten years away.
    As you get cancer from a high amount of radiation. Wireless charging without a pad is a pipe dream.
    https://www.google.com/amp/appleinsider.com/articles/17/01/04/energous-ceo-makes-tenuous-reference-to-future-iphone-as-leading-platform-for-wireless-charging/amp/?client=safari
    Energous CEO is likely pumping the stock, just like a few other CEOs have done clearly using Apple has the influencer, cleverly without mentioning them by name so they couldn't be caught doing what they so obviously were doing.
    edited January 2017
  • Reply 24 of 24
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    It's RS485 which is used for industrial applications; it's a differential signalling specification. Doesn't imply anything about the software, but is often used in buildings. It is not wireless and needs its own two wires to operate, plus power and ground. The FCC docs reference a frequency generated by the device of 13.56MHz, which is RFID frequency. IMO it's probably nothing more than a RFID door access control pad for Apple's new campus, or their stores.

I have absolutely no idea what makes AI think it's AppleTV-shaped though. 
    edited January 2017 fastasleepbobvanwatto_cobra