Apple releases iTunes 12.5.5 with minor performance improvements

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    crowley said:
    anome said:

I think Apple do need to split out some of that functionality into a separate app, or a series of separate apps.

Remember iSync?

I always found it a bit weird that devices ended up in iTunes.  I suppose when it was purely about music with iPods it made a bit of sense, but I think that putting those functions into iSync, later as a front end for Sync Services, with hooks into iTunes, Photos, Address Book, etc might have been better.

Yes, I do. And that's kind of what I was thinking of. I agree that rolling the functionality into iTunes was ultimately the wrong decision, and now they're stuck with it.

• Reply 22 of 23
    Soli said:
    I did have an issue with the previous update where editing metadata in Get Info would take upwards of 5 minute to complete. I hope that this is resolved for me in this update.

edit: Issue still exists. I wonder if it's because I used CoreServices to encrypt an external RAID of HDDs in which my iTunes Library resides.

It's not your encrypted RAID. I have the same issue.
    Soli
  • Reply 23 of 23
    lkrupp said:
    iTunes working perfectly. I strongly disagree with those who claim it is a bloated mess. iTunes does what it was designed is advertised to do. I have no issues with it and I’m probably in the majority. As usual the perpetually dissatisfied crowd constantly bashes it while most us just go about using and enjoying it.
    Right, because replacing all my artist images with rainbow microphones is "working perfectly".
    lorin schultz