Apple CEO Tim Cook sells another $3.6M in company stock

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    cali said:
    dix99 said:
    Oh oh, jony's told him a retirement date & he's getting out before it's announced & the stock tanks
    Apple is doomed?
    If they are then it's not Jony's fault. There's no one there to push him like Steve did.  They're is no conflict to inspire each other. They got rid of Forestall and all the public thinks is that he f'd up maps. He wasn't a lightweight since he was with Jobs since the NEXT days. Sure he was hated by Ives, Federigi, Faddell, that idiot Schiller, and probably Cook, but Jobs liked him because out of conflict came these beautiful products. They were all trying to out do each other and pushed each other to make the best products they could.  Now it's just a big circle jerk. They want to be stylish over functionality. 

You can tell that the talent that you never knew that made everything work together so seamlessly has moved on.  There is nobody to throw a tantrum when something doesn't work. 
    It took an outside entity to show Apple there is something wrong with their brand new computers, and it was the OS. I doubt anybody lost their job over it too. 

This is the nicer Cook era...
    Nonsense. A lot of opinion pretending to be fact -- unless you sit in the executive suite, which you don't. 

As for the new MBPs, the thing "wrong" with it was nothing at all exerpeinced by users -- if you enabled dev settings, and if you disabled the cache, and if you made repeated hits to the favicon (ala an automated script) then yes you'd experience the bug. So that left CR. Consumers? Nope, no way impacted. 

Nice FUD narrative tho. 
    Soli
  • Reply 42 of 47
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    Soli said:
    ah, I see AI has chosen to go with an unflattering photo of Cook that projects some sort of laughing-fat-cat image. I've noticed image patterns like this on AI and MR before, I'm not sure what the perceived value of using such loaded images are.
    I like that photo. I don't think it's unflattering.
    Different strokes i guess, but generally double chinned, squinty, toothy grins aren't considered super flattering. It's not a neutral image, it's an image that's trying to show super exuberance from cashing in. If you haven't noticed sites doing this I imagine it may be met with skepticism, but editors will select a picture of a subject to match the narrative they're building in the article. Happens all the time. I generally think it's pretty lame. 
    edited January 2017
  • Reply 43 of 47
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    sog35 said:
    Timing is kind of interesting.. Why sell just a few days before earnings...? What are the rules of the game.... I dont know about you... but to me its not very comfortable that he is selling now... Rather than after earni gs report... Any thoughts? Thanx
    Why do you think he's selling now? He's selling because he knows Apple's share price is going to tank upon earnings. For a CEO, he has little confidence in his company. He's not setting a very good example for 'fellow' shareholders. He could easily wait a bit longer before dumping. It will probably lead to more selling off of Apple stock by example. It's really disappointing how Apple's share price is going to drop while the rest of the major tech companies stocks are going to soar upon earnings. I'm willing to bet Alphabet's stock gets to $1000 in a matter of weeks. I honestly don't know why Tim Cook isn't able to satisfy Wall Street even a little bit when other companies make it look so easy.
    Cook also sold stock in 2012-2014 when the stock was $50. just stop assuming
    Cook is getting out before Trump sends him down to Guantanamo, Cuba, for waterboarding.

• Reply 44 of 47
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    k2kw said:
    sog35 said:
    Timing is kind of interesting.. Why sell just a few days before earnings...? What are the rules of the game.... I dont know about you... but to me its not very comfortable that he is selling now... Rather than after earni gs report... Any thoughts? Thanx
    Why do you think he's selling now? He's selling because he knows Apple's share price is going to tank upon earnings. For a CEO, he has little confidence in his company. He's not setting a very good example for 'fellow' shareholders. He could easily wait a bit longer before dumping. It will probably lead to more selling off of Apple stock by example. It's really disappointing how Apple's share price is going to drop while the rest of the major tech companies stocks are going to soar upon earnings. I'm willing to bet Alphabet's stock gets to $1000 in a matter of weeks. I honestly don't know why Tim Cook isn't able to satisfy Wall Street even a little bit when other companies make it look so easy.
    Cook also sold stock in 2012-2014 when the stock was $50. just stop assuming
    Cook is getting out before Trump sends him down to Guantanamo, Cuba, for waterboarding.
    And he predicted a Trump presidency back in 2015?
  • Reply 45 of 47
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    ah, I see AI has chosen to go with an unflattering photo of Cook that projects some sort of laughing-fat-cat image. I've noticed image patterns like this on AI and MR before, I'm not sure what the perceived value of using such loaded images are.
    Viewed alone, I wouldn't call the photo unflattering, just not the most flattering. But within the context of this article, I agree there seems to be deliberate correlation between the article and the particular picture choice. 

AI has indeed done this before and it's as disappointing as it is calculated. It reeks of subjective journalism, although I don't know that these decisions are made by people with an actual, formal education in journalism and not just bloggers.

Not that some accredited journalists aren't without agenda; no one is perfect. But unless these photos are taken at the time and as of the result of reported actions, AI shouldn't search for photos that color the facts.

Nothing about this article required a photo in the first place. 
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Soli said:
    I like that photo. I don't think it's unflattering.
    Different strokes i guess, but generally double chinned, squinty, toothy grins aren't considered super flattering. It's not a neutral image, it's an image that's trying to show super exuberance from cashing in. If you haven't noticed sites doing this I imagine it may be met with skepticism, but editors will select a picture of a subject to match the narrative they're building in the article. Happens all the time. I generally think it's pretty lame. 
    Agreed, and not surprising. AI has been watching Macrumors and realised that an anti-Apple leaning generates more clicks.