Apple iPad decline continues with 19 percent drop in holiday quarter

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 404member
    Use my iPad 3 on the patio and at the grill as a portable TV. It has become very unstable, I believe due to lack of memory. Almost excrucitaing how slow it is to update the few apps I have on it. Waiting for the next model to replace it. Have a 7+ phone and it is not really large enough to watch TV on.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Dave CummingsDave Cummings Posts: 43unconfirmed, member
    You wouldn't know that iPad sales are declining with how the 12.9 iPad Pro has been consistently sold out since the beginning of Christmas, and has had trouble staying in stock, particularly the one with cellular 
  • Reply 23 of 29
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    I'd say the rumor of new iPads in the Spring did not help them.  I plan to replace mine, but honestly you have to think about it when it costs you $900
    Yes the iPad Pro is expensive.  I picked up 2 IPad Air 2 at $275 at Best Buy on thanksgiving.  That's a good price but the Pro is way too expensive and does really offer me anything I need to do beyond the Air2.   I'm not an artist so the Pro goes appeal to me especially since you have to buy a $100 pencil on top of the base machine.  Give me basic mouse support for when I'm using it with a keyboard and I will buy one real quik.
    albegarc
  • Reply 24 of 29
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    jdgaz said:
    Use my iPad 3 on the patio and at the grill as a portable TV. It has become very unstable, I believe due to lack of memory. Almost excrucitaing how slow it is to update the few apps I have on it. Waiting for the next model to replace it. Have a 7+ phone and it is not really large enough to watch TV on.
    Had a iPad3 too with same problems.   Upgraded to Air2 and it's a 180 degree turn in experience.   Love split screen and picture in picture.

if iOS Supported a mouse I would get a Pro but otherwise don think you need a pro for consumption if you aren't an artist.
    Certainly possible if they support the pencil.  Probably they don't want to cannibalize MacBook sales yet.
    Or they are waiting for the TouchBar to be added to all Macs.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    appex said:
    Apple should make a true Mac tablet with Intel x86 inside, USB ports, visible file system, etc.
    I’m 100% certain that people don’t need to see the file tree to be able to effectively and efficiently navigate and use an OS on a professional level, but at the same time I’m 100% certain that Apple’s current tree-free system is completely wrong and poorly implemented.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    k2kw said:
    I bought one printer that was supposed to be an AirPrint printer for my dad but could set it up on his old network because he doesn't have a Mac or PC.   Are there any printers that will just work with AirPrint?
    I have an HP Officejet 4620. May not be the best, but it is quite fast and was the smallest one with a scanner charger I could find at that time. If your dad's WIFI supports the PIN code configuration (can't recall this feature name), you can setup the printer WIFI without relying on a Mac or PC and just AirPrint to it. Otherwise to need to perform the initial configuration through USB.
    edited February 2017 albegarc
  • Reply 27 of 29
    The "problem" with iPads is that they are so good that you don´t have to upgrade as often as an iPhone. An iPad can last 4 yers or more.

• Reply 28 of 29
    k2kw said:
    For God's sake, revitalize the Mac lineup, introduce something truly differentiating for the iPhone and make the iPad more versatile (more MacOS -like). At some point, it would be great to have one AppleOS for all devices.
    They added a keyboard with the smart connector to the iPad Pro.  They needed to add mouse support too.   They already support one pointing device - the pencil.   That and make it easier to print.   Then for a lot more people it could be a laptop replacement.

I bought one printer that was supposed to be an AirPrint printer for my dad but could set it up on his old network because he doesn't have a Mac or PC.   Are there any printers that will just work with AirPrint?
    My HP color laser jet all in one works fine with AirPrint. 
    There´s a lot of printers made by HP, EPSON and other barnds that work perfectly with Air Print. Try the HP 1109 W. Works perfectly with Air Print.