Apple CEO Tim Cook meets with fashion designer Julien Fournie, VizEat co-founders in Franc...

Posted:
in General Discussion
Following his visits to two French Apple stores over the weekend, Apple CEO Tim Cook on Monday met with several local business owners, including fashion designer Julien Fourni?.

Fourni?'s latest collection was created with the help of the iPad Pro, Cook said in a Twitter post. Accompanying photos show the pair looking at a 12.9-inch Pro equipped with a case and an Apple Pencil.

Thrilled to spend some time with the incredibly talented @JulienFournie, whose exquisite new collection was created with iPad Pro. pic.twitter.com/CTSI3Q96CK

— Tim Cook (@tim_cook)

In a separate post, Cook mentioned a lunch with the co-founders of VizEat, a business that hooks travellers into food tours, cooking classes, or attending dinner parties hosted at local homes. The CEO appears to have gone with the third option.

D?jeuner with @VizEat co-founders Camilla & Jean-Michel. Thanks to our hosts - and new friends - Odile & Pierre for a wonderful meal! pic.twitter.com/WT6roAlY0S

— Tim Cook (@tim_cook)

The broader purpose of Cook's visit to France is unknown, as is how long he intends to remain in the country. His visits to Apple stores in Paris and Marseilles were a surprise even to shop staff.

Cook will periodically tour other countries, but often includes business deals or meetings with government officials in the process. On Wednesday Cook is scheduled to receive an honorary doctorate from the University of Glasgow in Scotland.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Gotta love the fake laugh.
    Roger_Fingasdysamoriarandominternetpersongatorguy
  • Reply 2 of 16
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    bdkennedy said:
    I immediately saw the "laughing rich and powerful men" meme.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/411/962/027.jpg
    bdkennedy1002StrangeDaysyojimbo007gatorguy
  • Reply 3 of 16
    dysamoria said:
    bdkennedy said:

Middle-class people never laugh?  /s
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    sog35 said:
    Cook continues his world domination tour.

What a man!
    What a CEO!

Sarcasm only works if it's funny. 
    irelandgatorguy
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member

bdkennedy said:
    They look like they're in a scene from BlackAdder II
    bdkennedy1002
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Rayz2016 said:
    sog35 said:
    Cook continues his world domination tour.

What a man!
    What a CEO!

Sarcasm only works if it's funny. 

You forget this is the new sog.  He is sincerely Tim Cook's biggest fan now.
    caliirelandwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Rayz2016 said:

bdkennedy said:
    They look like they're in a scene from BlackAdder II

Or the ending sequence from Naked Gun.  (see 0:38).
    bdkennedy1002Rayz2016StrangeDaysyojimbo007watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 16
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    bdkennedy said:
    Unless you were in the room, how do you know this? Oh yeah, you weren't and you don't. Got it. 
    king editor the gratewatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 16
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    I wonder if Tim Cook will visit the revamped Regents Street London store on his way to Glasgow?
  • Reply 10 of 16
    bdkennedy said:
    Unless you were in the room, how do you know this? Oh yeah, you weren't and you don't. Got it. 

I don't think it was meant as a real criticism.  If you look at that photo and imagine that they just posing, it's hard not to laugh at the ridiculousness. 
    king editor the grate
  • Reply 11 of 16
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    sog35 said:
    This is the same laugh when I look at my Apple holdings last week and saw they were up $35k from a few months ago
    Are you that insecure that you need to tell us this and you get your personal self-worth (not monetary) from how much you earn? What do you do if you lose money? We don't care how many shares you own. It's none of our business. Keep it to yourself.
    edited February 2017 dysamoriawatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 16
    ireland said:
    sog35 said:
    This is the same laugh when I look at my Apple holdings last week and saw they were up $35k from a few months ago
    Are you that insecure that you need to tell us this and you get your personal self-worth (not monetary) from how much you earn? What do you do if you lose money? We don't care how many shares you own. It's none of our business. Keep it to yourself.
    What does he do if he "loses money"? He was ranting and raving here for about a year screaming about how Tim needs to be fired. Remember?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 16
    dysamoria said:
    bdkennedy said:

Middle-class people never laugh?  /s
    Of course they do. It's just that meme is what came to mind with the "leaning back to laugh" image on this article. 
  • Reply 14 of 16

ireland said:
    sog35 said:
    What does he do if he "loses money"? He was ranting and raving here for about a year screaming about how Tim needs to be fired. Remember?
    His claim is that he found Jesus or some such religious thing. He wasn't able to choose civility and decency on his own. Now he spews the opposite of what he used to, because... extremes must be the right choice??... 
  • Reply 15 of 16
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    ireland said:
    sog35 said:
    True.