New Mac malware from Iran targets US defense industry, human rights advocates with fake Fl...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,253member
    macxpress said:
    rob53 said:
    Another reason to not install Flash. Come on Adobe, you know your software is the (current) largest method of spreading malware. Do something about like shutting it down.

Well sometimes you just don't have a choice. 
    What do you absolutely have to have Flash for? And if it's your Flash app, why haven't you changed to something else? If you have to have it for a website you visit frequently, have you asked the website host why they continue to use it?
  • Reply 22 of 23
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    rob53 said:
    macxpress said:
    rob53 said:
    Another reason to not install Flash. Come on Adobe, you know your software is the (current) largest method of spreading malware. Do something about like shutting it down.

Well sometimes you just don't have a choice. 
    What do you absolutely have to have Flash for? And if it's your Flash app, why haven't you changed to something else? If you have to have it for a website you visit frequently, have you asked the website host why they continue to use it?
    I have websites that I need to use for work that require Flash. Not happy about it & wish the companies would reprogram the sites to get rid of flash but I don't have a choice. If you don't, then good for you, but not everyone can choose avoid every Flash site
  • Reply 23 of 23
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 879member
    I just wanted to say it's about time appleinsider.com got rid of flash... I haven't had any mandatory warnings to have to install... I know it's been awhile but I posted a post over a year ago when a Flash article came up about how AI still was using Flash... congrats! (I do have adblock going so that might be why too but still...)
    edited February 2017