Fire breaks out at Samsung factory responsible for Note 7 battery production

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    It's not a fire, it's just an undocumented feature.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 36
    samsung are going really bad 😌
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 36
    Scamscum could've built a spaceship headquarters with the money they lost, then claimed they invented spaceship headquarters.
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 36
    thedbathedba Posts: 763member
    lkrupp said:
    Laugh all you want to but the Note 8 will be heralded as the second coming of Jesus Christ and Apple will be doomed once again. There’s even an article on C|net by a Samsung sycophant tech writer claiming the Note 7 disaster will actually make people MORE likely to buy the Note 8 because he trusts Samsung’s self-preservation instincts. He claims Samsung’s openness and sincerity about the problem and its declaration that it will never happen again is more than enough to convince people that Samsung is still trustworthy. I kid you not.
    Yeah I saw that too and btw the idiot's name is Sean Hollister. He's living in La-La Land this guy. 
    But what does make sense is that a few million tools will probably go out and buy the Note 8. Not because of some belief in Samsung's self preservation but because of shorter attention spans than teenagers on Snapchat. 
    magman1979caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 36
    lol that's great 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 36
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Soli said:
    What am I missing? How is it ironic that a plant that produced batteries that would catch fire would itself catch fire? Nothing about this story seems contrary to what I'd expect to happen.

Lithium is a volatile element that reacts with air and water, thereby requiring special containment to help ensure this doesn't happen. We've seen factory issues with many companies over the years.

Coincidently (not ironically), last week's episode of NOVA titled "Search of the Super Battery," covered the many pros and cons of Lithium, Li-Ion, and other current and potential future battery chemistries. One interesting segment involved Mike Zimmerman's solid-state, fire retardant, plastic battery design that will not catch fire if punctured in any way because it doesn't use a flammable liquid to pass ions or allow the formation of dendrites.

Because Sammy said they fixed the battery issue. I guess they didn't fix the battery factory issue. 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 36
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    Kids do not get it that it could be as suspicious as... partial recovery loss through insurance money and nothing to do with battery causing fire in factory. There are numerous other scenarios visible to less naive people.
    Cool story bro. Me, I'm going  Occam's razor -- batteries caused the fire. 
    dysamoriawatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 36
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Kids do not get it that it could be as suspicious as... partial recovery loss through insurance money and nothing to do with battery causing fire in factory. There are numerous other scenarios visible to less naive people.
    I won't lose sleep either way.  I hope no one was hurt whatever the reason.
    dysamoriawatto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 36
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    So if you don't leap to the conclusion of a fantastical and circuitous conspiracy theory as the only viable reason for a fire in a factory that holds volatile chemicals, you're both a kid and naive?
    radarthekatstompydysamoriawatto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 30 of 36
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Well, everyone already express what I was going to say... Looks like more market share Apple will get from this
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 36
    How about environmental consequences? Will they pay for that. No one should breath in lithium shmosh! They should do something to prevent it!
    dysamoriawatto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 36
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
  • Reply 33 of 36
    If you've got a ton of dangerous Note 7s that you can't sell, don't give them to your employees.
    Slap a green battery icon on the screen and you're good to go. Sammy's done it before. I'm confident they can paint that icon green once again. Problem: solved. The Note 7 is now safe, dear customer. Please continue buying them.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 36
    This is a clear indication that Samsung haven't actually fully diagnosed the problem, nor even know how to deal with it.
    dysamoriawatto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 36
    It is actually a feature to demolish a building or anything you name it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 36
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Right. Because arson and fraud are the best paths to success... </s>
    watto_cobra