CIA responds to 'Vault 7' hack leak, WikiLeaks claims only 1% of what it holds was publish...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    ronn said:
    adm1 said:
    "In China, the Chinese Foreign Ministry is urging the US to stop "stop listening in, monitoring, stealing secrets and internet hacking" against the country. China has a deep in-country internet monitoring system, as well as the so-called "Great Firewall of China." "

so? China can do what it likes in its own country. It's the fact that the USA feels it has a god given right to spy on and police the entire world. Even so called friendly countries; UK, Germany etc.
    Everyone spies on everyone else. Even on its allies. Germany, the UK, Israel etc. spies on its allies so it's not just the US. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Domestic spying probably goes overboard, but it's a necessity. The right balance needs to be established.

This is true, spying and hacking is being done by all countries with a desire and ability to do so. No one should be surprise about this fact.

The issue is when an organization like the CIA develops technologies like this and then it gets transferred to the FBI and other law enforcement agencies and it use against the citizens. This also go to Military technologies which are now being used by the police. Like the system police can put in a plane and fly over a crowd and have their cell phones connect to is as cell tower and let the police monitor cell phone traffic. In the pass any one could listen in on police radio conversations with a police radio scanner. The police tried to stop it but the courts say no the public has right to know what the police are doing. Then the government pass a law which makes it illegal to de-encrypted communications so now police have military grade encrypted communications systems. For the police who have not switched over, you will routinely hear them say of their radio's they will call on their cell phone. Today the authorities want to listen in on you, but they do not want you listening to them. 

• Reply 22 of 27
    OmniPOmniP Posts: 1member
    For all those asking Where/How WikiLeaks got their information, it was not through hacking themselves. They received a large chunk through an anonymous source that was one of the 5000 independent hackers affiliated with one of the CIA internet task forces. Please read the foreword for Vault 7 on Wikileak's website for more specific details.
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 23 of 27
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    I'm opening a tin hat boutique, hope to sell millions these days.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    "Citing legal prohibitions, the agency also reiterates that it is prohibited from conducting electronic surveillance in the U.S."

Whenever I hear or read this, I smile because I 100% do not believe it is respected nor honored. The CIA, FBI, DOJ, NSA have all repeatedly lied to the US Congress and US citizens about activities. Snowden risked his life to inform US citizens they were being betrayed by their very own government agencies. 
    SpamSandwichStrangeDays
  • Reply 25 of 27
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    "Citing legal prohibitions, the agency also reiterates that it is prohibited from conducting electronic surveillance in the U.S."

Whenever I hear or read this, I smile because I 100% do not believe it is respected nor honored. The CIA, FBI, DOJ, NSA have all repeatedly lied to the US Congress and US citizens about activities. Snowden risked his life to inform US citizens they were being betrayed by their very own government agencies. 
    Our three-letter agencies are all extralegal entities. If any one of them is capable of digging up dirt on foreign sources you can bet your life that they have extensive records on every single politician in Washington, plus every person who is even thinking of running for office.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    metrixmetrix Posts: 256member
    CIA spokesman George Little confirmed that 23 CIA agents were waiting for Jesse Ventura when he took office as Minnesota's Govenor and question him the basement conference room. 
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Steve CarrSteve Carr Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Wikileaks my have finally opened peoples eyes to what is really going on in our world. Everybody thinking our government is out for us and they us terrorism as there excuse to spy on us. It's all garbage its all about control. The NSA, FBI, and the CIA are all the same. Wake up people save our country now or its over. Also a safe search engine that doesn't track you, a good old fashion private search engine Lookseek.com. Have a awesome day.