2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    k2kw said:
    Soli said:
    k2kw said:
    tcid said:
    Please correct references to a "Lexus RX 540h." It is a Lexus RX 450h. I thought it was just an isolated typo in the first article published last week, but now I see it in today's articles too. Other than that, thanks for the scoop!
    I wonder how much it would cost Apple to by Toyota.   That's one quick way to catch up to Tesla (I may have to eat crow - but not yet)
    Wouldn't it be cheaper and more inline with Apple to buy Tesla?
    I think Apple has missed the boat on Tesla.
    Would have been smart 4 years ago.
    It's still not proven Tesla will ever be able to turn a profit, despite their current Wall Street valuation. They could end up like AMZN and have a massively inflated stock price and zero profits.
    1) Amazon has turned a profit many, many times. If you see a value for the P/E, then they turned a profit the previous quarter. It's never high, hence their outrage P/E, but they've turned one. 

2) Amazon is almost always near breaking even for a quarter. That seems to be what Bezos what and it's also sustainable.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    k2kw said:
    Soli said:
    k2kw said:
    tcid said:
    Please correct references to a "Lexus RX 540h." It is a Lexus RX 450h. I thought it was just an isolated typo in the first article published last week, but now I see it in today's articles too. Other than that, thanks for the scoop!
    I wonder how much it would cost Apple to by Toyota.   That's one quick way to catch up to Tesla (I may have to eat crow - but not yet)
    Wouldn't it be cheaper and more inline with Apple to buy Tesla?
    I think Apple has missed the boat on Tesla.
    Would have been smart 4 years ago.
    It's still not proven Tesla will ever be able to turn a profit, despite their current Wall Street valuation. They could end up like AMZN and have a massively inflated stock price and zero profits.
     Where is Amazon going and what competition do they have?
  • Reply 23 of 23

There was a Techpinions podcast a while back that spoke about autonomous vehicles which made sense to me.

One of the points raised was that a large piece of the autonomous puzzle is infrastructure. There should be some infrastructure in place, in terms of special beacons, or cameras or something to assist safety of autonomous vehicles.

It is good that companies are trying to get vehicles to be autonomous in the current environment, but there should be support at a city corporation level as well to ensure enhanced infrastructure to support this.

watto_cobra