Apple apologizes to users for mistakenly saying their paid iCloud subscription was cancele...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,693member
    mknelson said:
    avon b7 said:
    I don't believe in Apple's ability to provide a solid cloud platform. There are too many 'buts' for me. The last time I tried to turn backup on for my wife, I got a warning message that 'some things' would not be backed up but it wouldn't tell me which ones. There are weird things that can happen with Photos etc.
    https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204136

some things: 
    • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (To back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)
    Yes. I know about that document. Thanks for the link, all the same.

The problem is that the user isn't given that Information (or at least wasn't when I ran into the problem).

Giving cryptic messages for issues as important as backup, doesn't lend the user to trust the system. 

In the days of the coloured CRT iMacs, the Apple inline help system was a work of art. There was a  ton of information right there for the user in an easily accessible and simple format which didn't depend on an internet connection and the information was largely tuned to the machine it was on.

Things have changed for the worse since those days. The same has happened with the Apple Discussions boards.

There should be little use for genius bars. So much more 'help' should be channelled through Siri and the doubts raised by the dialog of iCloud backup should never have existed in the first place.
    edited April 2017
  • Reply 22 of 23
    FlappoFlappo Posts: 22unconfirmed, member
    I got this , panicked and ended up going for the 1tb option in case all my photos went kaput

Silly me :hushed: 
  • Reply 23 of 23
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Flappo said:
    I got this , panicked and ended up going for the 1tb option in case all my photos went kaput

Silly me :hushed: 
    There's still time for a refund and downgrade, especially in light of Apple's gaffe.