Samsung's fix for red-tinted Galaxy S8 screens forces users to self-calibrate

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    maestro64 said:

Not a good example, Yes the BMW is far better driving car, as an owner of BMW I speak from experience they have made a number of mistake, but any BMW owner will tell you if you going to own a BMW you better be prepare for the maintenance bill and all the thinks that can happen.
    "Any BMW owner"?! I've owned mine for 4.5 years now (the longest I've ever owned a car!), and it is/has been in absolutely brilliant shape. I've done an oil change once a year (along with a wiper blade replacement, which I just do as a matter of course annually, but was pleasantly surprised to discover that BMW included that for free as a part of its scheduled maintenance) , and I replaced my radials at 30,000 miles. Other than that, I have spent essentially nothing at all for maintenance.

What a stupid post.

I have own mine 10 years and I am very active part of the BMW community so I think I have a tad more experience than you do and I am a car enthusiast and I do all my own work on my cars.

Yes, I too let BMW do my maintenance for the first 4 yrs and did not spend a penny except for tires. The fact you got 30K on the tire means you do not have performance version of BMW. I can tell you a long list of issues BMW has had with their Turbo cars, as well as the non Turbo, like VANSO system failing, injectors going bad, spark modules failing, the fuel pumps had to be re-designed 3 times before they finally figure out what was failing and causing cars to go into limp mode on the highways. My car alone has 3 recall notices. one before it was out of warranty.

For the most part I have given up on cars because of problems I have seen with BMW, but most of the issues I have seen was due to the fact BMW was pushing the limits of engineering and I am willing to over look them because how well the car drives. But I can tell you when those stupid idiots light come for any number of issues as simple as a bulb being out, you begin to wonder. If you do not keep up on the every day maintenance of BMW it will give you issues, no doubt about it.

BMW ownership is like Apple product ownership, it is cult, and people are fanatical about them and over look any shot coming of the product. The only difference is I own Apple because I know it will not give me problems so I have time to spend on my cars which I do enjoy working on.

• Reply 62 of 67
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    QJ said:
    QJ said:
    Keep patting yourselves on the back guys... OR maybe you could watch this video and learn.

Hint - Apple's displays were just as much different from each other than Samsung's were.
    Listen here, 2 posts. Just because someone makes s YouTube video to defend Samsung doesn't make it an education. But thanks for trying. I'm sure your boss will give you a raise for the effort. And the guy in the video is hardly credible. 
    So you're more credible than him, how? How many videos do YOU have posted on YouTube? How many followers do you have? How many reviews under your belt? I look forward to your reply.
    Who the hell cares! This is not a controlled scientific experiment.
    And f someone has 1 million idiots following them on Youtube,
    That just means he's good at milking money from turds, nothing else.
    Now, go on and play in traffic.
    edited April 2017
  • Reply 63 of 67
    firelock said:
    Actually Apple had a similar issue a few years back with the iPad 3. I had got an iPad 3 for work, and when I started it up I noticed immediately that the screen had a distinct yellow tint. Since I work as a photo retoucher I knew right away it was a white point/color balance issue. There is no way to calibrate or adjust an iPad screen the way you can on a Mac and after contacting Apple I was told that this was considered "normal variation" and therefore not eligible for "repair." I researched the problem and it turned out that for that model iPad they had two manufacturers for the screen: Samsung and Sharp. It seems that the iPad software is calibrated for the Samsung displays, and so anyone with a display made by Sharp had a yellow-tint to their screen. I've owned many iPads since then (I'm writing this on an iPad Pro 9.7") and I've never seen this issue since the problem with the iPad 3.
    Usually this kind of WB issue is noticeable if there is some real white around you to compare, and a large white surface.
    Someone into photography (especially if you print those photos), would notice this more than the average person.

• Reply 64 of 67
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    QJ said:
    So you're more credible than him, how?
    Irrelevant. So he’s credible how?
     How many videos do YOU have posted on YouTube?
    Irrelevant. Appeal to popularity.
    How many followers do you have?
    How many reviews under your belt?
    Irrelevant. Appeal to “authority.”
    I look forward to your reply.
    I look forward to you not substantiating any of your claims.
  • Reply 65 of 67
    QJQJ Posts: 8unconfirmed, member
    QJ said:
    Where are my claims? I believe every sentence I wrote, besides the last one, ended with a question mark. Since when did "claims" end with question marks??

P.S. I imagine "tallest skil" has fingers and could answer my questions himself without you barging into the conversation.
    Soli
  • Reply 66 of 67
    QJ said:
    QJ said:
    Where are my claims? I believe every sentence I wrote, besides the last one, ended with a question mark. Since when did "claims" end with question marks??

P.S. I imagine "tallest skil" has fingers and could answer my questions himself without you barging into the conversation.
    So, non sequitur now... Great. Go away.