Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    sog35 said:
    Like I said numerous times:

Amazon is Apple's new main competitor.

Google is too busy fighting Facebook.
    Samsung has proven they can't innovate.
    Microsoft is busy raiding graveyards (PC market)
    LOL, good summary.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    sessamoidsessamoid Posts: 182member
    McSwagger said:
    Surprised no one has mentioned that you won't be able to watch Amazon's 4k programming on the Apple TV...or will you???
     The current generation Apple TV does not support 4K video.  Whether or not Amazon video will support 4K on Apple TVs next iteration is not yet known, but I would be surprised if it did not. 
  • Reply 43 of 48
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    sessamoid said:
    McSwagger said:
    Surprised no one has mentioned that you won't be able to watch Amazon's 4k programming on the Apple TV...or will you???
     The current generation Apple TV does not support 4K video.  Whether or not Amazon video will support 4K on Apple TVs next iteration is not yet known, but I would be surprised if it did not. 
    Won't matter, most 4K TV's come with prime video in 4k anyway.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    There goes the one last reason to buy an Amazon FireTV.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    If it's coming to AppleTV I take it that their subscriptions through their own site have hit a plateau and they need to open the service to other platforms or not grow.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    If it's coming to AppleTV I take it that their subscriptions through their own site have hit a plateau and they need to open the service to other platforms or not grow.
    The subscription is already paid for in most cases I'd think  in folk's desire for the free shipping rather than watching the Prime TV service.  I've always viewed the Prime TV service as a freebee.  So I'll still be paying for Amazon Prime even if I have the app on my Apple TV.   That's why I never understood the logic of refusing the app, the only explanation I could see was to sell hardware not subscriptions.  That may well have plateaued hence the move.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    PeteMPeteM Posts: 9member
    Hopefully Apple releases a 4K unit soon.