2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    db22559 said:
    macxpress said:
    ireland said:
    macxpress said:
    I hope they did more than just this with Siri...it needs help with a lot of things, not just one. If Apple really wants to improve upon your operating systems, make Siri you're #1 priority. The damn phone does everything else you'd ever want it to anyways. 
    Ever?
    What do you want next...for it to make breakfast or something for you? The point is...the phone is very capable and all we really see year after year is faster CPU/GPU, and a better camera. What else is there to do with the hardware other than play with different designs so it looks different? The hardware shouldn't be the focus anymore...its the software that people use all the time. Focus on that. 
    Excuse me?! Shouldn't be focus anymore? Let me enlighten you - it hasn't been in a very long time. Examples? MacBook Pro is now about 1k more than the model I currently own (last one released). The specs however are less powerful than the one I'm using!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! How about the watch tethered to iPhone so you have to buy both. Smart money maker, but I've been waiting to get a watch until they include lte chip. When did other companies do that? two Apple Watches ago! On top of that the Samsung gear looks gorgeous next to Apple Watch! Price difference? Last year nearly half Apple. How about the pencil? $100 whew for that price can't wait to use it and see how awesome it is. I assumed it connected seamlessly like the AirPods (another overpriced p.o.s.) but here's the thing, it disconnects constantly, and they even have a disclaimer about it! Moreover it can only be reconnected by removing the cap, pause while you chase the cap that just rolled away, then inserting the pencil into the lightning port butt first. Seriously?! Whoa talk about cutting edge!

as for Siri if you are even slightly serious go look in the mirror and slap yourself until you stop acting like Apple is the best. It used to be. I got the first gen MacBookpro and jobs was right "it just works" - very little in Apple lineup does that or comes close. But the price has blown through the roof!

among the things that barely works at all is Siri - and if you can't see that you don't know what you're talking about. I call Apple my back up religion, but good lord the adulation of crappier and crappier gimmicks pisses me off. Just stop 
    I've gotten to the point where upgrades are worth it only every 3 or 4 years for it to feel like they have really improved things.

all in all I still think that they are still the best (the grass is always greener over the septic tank) but other products are getting better and Apple is slipping a little. ( Even the guys from Windows Central say Apple has great build quality), but Apple is coasting too much on the rest efficiency of Forstall 's iOS

It used to be insanely great products .   now it's insanely profitable.

• Reply 22 of 26
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,621member
    macxpress said:
    I mean if the new MacBook Pro was that bad then how the hell did Apple sell more than any other MacBook Pro in history? That includes, the outgoing model.
    Where did you hear that?
  • Reply 23 of 26
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    avon b7 said:
    macxpress said:
    I mean if the new MacBook Pro was that bad then how the hell did Apple sell more than any other MacBook Pro in history? That includes, the outgoing model.
    Where did you hear that?
    Phil Schiller said this:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/11/02/phil-schiller-new-macbook-pro-has-more-orders-from-apple-than-any-other-pro-model-ever
  • Reply 24 of 26
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,621member
    Marvin said:
    avon b7 said:
    macxpress said:
    Where did you hear that?
    Phil Schiller said this:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/11/02/phil-schiller-new-macbook-pro-has-more-orders-from-apple-than-any-other-pro-model-ever
    Yes. I know about that but how does having more orders via Apple's website, a mere days after the model was announced, equate to Apple, months later, selling more new MBPs than any other MBP in history?

After his initial blast (no doubt irked by the negative backlash) Schiller did not follow up on his claims. In fact nothing was said from that moment on. Nothing in the Q1 results call. In the Q2 results call TC described demand for the new MBP as simply 'strong'.

I think it is reasonable to conclude that if the new MBPs had in reality broken all previous records, Apple would have been crowing over the fact during the results presentations.

Unless there is some other official reference to record breaking sales I would say that it simply never happened.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    frantisekfrantisek Posts: 756member
    macxpress said:
    I hope they did more than just this with Siri...it needs help with a lot of things, not just one. If Apple really wants to improve upon your operating systems, make Siri your #1 priority. The damn phone does everything else you'd ever want it to anyways. 
    I may be the only one but strongly oppose that.

iMessage can not even with iMessage Apps easily, user friendly, handle inserting phone number or contact details from Contact. Something most dumb feature phones were able to do. For me that is horrible after 10 years of iOS development.

And sharing feature on Contact page is completely useless as it require compatible phone on other end and even it is it needs also compatible user. In my experience, user is typically problem. Copy pasting number into message is usually the only viable way.

My 2 cents.