Renders of the 'iPhone 8' from CAD file shows possible glass back, wireless charging

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    seankill said:
    cali said:
    This would look slick without camera bump.

clemynx said:
    This could be the 7s. Doubt Apple wouldn't make at least one more bezel smaller like every other manufacturer is doing. 

Apple makes iPhone. iPhone doesn't follow knockoffs.

Nobody cares about the frigging camera bump. Enough.
    Don't say no one cares. I care. It looks extremely tacky and not Apple-like. Most people don't care because they use a case but it doesn't change the fact it looks terrible. 

I used to be a big fan of never using cases on my iPhones but with the iPhone 6 and especially the 7, I basically use a case because I have to. The phone doesn't lay flat and texting or operating the phone on a flat surface (desk for example) is annoying without it.
    You figure out how to conquer the current limits of photographic optics and let Apple know when you do. Meanwhile, I'll be using the best mobile camera available on the market.
    Something Android then? I'm surprised.
    ;)

(Sorry, it was just begging for it...)

https://www.dxomark.com/mobiles/column-right/mobile-scores
    edited May 2017
  • Reply 22 of 26
    seankill said:
    cali said:

clemynx said:
    This could be the 7s. Doubt Apple wouldn't make at least one more bezel smaller like every other manufacturer is doing. 

Don't say no one cares. I care. It looks extremely tacky and not Apple-like. Most people don't care because they use a case but it doesn't change the fact it looks terrible. 

I used to be a big fan of never using cases on my iPhones but with the iPhone 6 and especially the 7, I basically use a case because I have to. The phone doesn't lay flat and texting or operating the phone on a flat surface (desk for example) is annoying without it.
    iPhones have had camera bumps for 3 going on 4 years. To say it isn't "Apple-like" is about as wrong as you could be at this stage.
    StrangeDaysfastasleep
  • Reply 23 of 26
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,884member
    seankill said:
    cali said:

clemynx said:

What? Why are you texting on a flat desk rather than holding the device in hand? Unlikelyness of this aside, the 7 doesn't rock at all when tapping on the keyboard in portrait mode, since all of the keyboard is in the lower part of the device and doesn't trigger the fulcrum rocking point or whatever. 
  • Reply 24 of 26
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    seankill said:
    seankill said:
    cali said:

clemynx said:

You figure out how to conquer the current limits of photographic optics and let Apple know when you do. Meanwhile, I'll be using the best mobile camera available on the market.

Your thought process is too one dimensional, you assume the thickness of the phone is fixed and only the camera can be compensated. 

While the iPhone camera is top tier, it generally is not considered the absolute best on the market by reviews and I tend to agree.

Huh? So you're saying the thickness of the phone should be dictated by the depth of the camera?

I just mean it's a design compromise (Ive said as much with the 6) but in the end most people don't care because the camera is fantastic. 
  • Reply 25 of 26
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    gatorguy said:
    seankill said:
    cali said:

clemynx said:

;)

WELL it was meant to be slightly hyperbolic speculation on how great the "8"'s camera WILL be. 

I have a 6. :)
  • Reply 26 of 26
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    gatorguy said:
    seankill said:
    cali said:

clemynx said:

;)

WELL it was meant to be slightly hyperbolic speculation on how great the "8"'s camera WILL be. 

I have a 6. :)
    :smile: