New mockup photos purport to show final design of Apple's 'iPhone 8'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 757member
    mike1 said:
    Let it be thicker (than shown), thus delivering on 2 common asks:
       1. Longer battery life (fill the space with a bigger battery)
       2. Flush back-camera

That's OK, thank you.
    Don't need the phone thicker. Battery life is fine. A day of normal/heavy usage for most people, most of the time.
    Don't want a thicker phone just to make the camera flush. The vast majority of people use a case any way, negating the need for the camera bump to disappear.
    Thank you for pointing out that not everyone is obsessed with the camera bump.
    edited May 2017
  • Reply 42 of 48
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 757member
    subbies said:
    Looks like every other IPhone..... lucky the OS is the best in the business or I would change to another brand. 

My health insurance has some pretty good optometrists...I can recommend one for you, if you like.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member
    I am betting this is some Android phone that never made it to market. If this is the next iPhone it will be the ugliest ever. I seriously doubt this it what is stated.
    edited May 2017
  • Reply 44 of 48
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,884member
    volcan said:
    macxpress said:
    Why would you not use a case so the phone can look like shit in a month or two? These phones look nice yes, but they also scratch and dent pretty easily. Once that happens its no longer pretty anymore. Also, good luck when you drop it. I know you might think well just don't drop it...well shit happens. 
    Neither Steve Jobs , Tim or Schiller use a case. They all showed their naked iPhones when asked about it in a interview.

It doesn't mean much since they are fabulously wealthy and because they can walk down the hall and get a new one in 5 seconds. 
  • Reply 45 of 48
    qwweraqwwera Posts: 281member
    Besides being great industrial design, it looks expensive.
    Doesnt look like a cheap phone that's for sure.
  • Reply 46 of 48

volcan said:
    mike1 said:
     The vast majority of people use a case anyway,...
    I have never used a case. iPhone is so beautiful, why would I want to cover it up? Using a case on an iPhone is like having a beautiful wife and making her wear a burka. 
    Yeah except for the dents and scratches. 
    So don't dent and scratch it.  I have a rule...don't drop my iPhone, and I always obey my rule.  

;) tongue in cheek. ;)
  • Reply 47 of 48
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    I just want them to introduce a falter data transfer. Also a cable transfers with only 2.0 USB speeds in laughable. Hope they make it faster soon. 256GB iPhone is not a joke.
    lorin schultz
  • Reply 48 of 48
    lorin schultzlorin schultz Posts: 2,771member
    urahara said:
    I just want them to introduce a falter data transfer. Also a cable transfers with only 2.0 USB speeds in laughable. Hope they make it faster soon. 256GB iPhone is not a joke.
    YES. I regularly load my phone with lots of video, and having to set aside an hour or more to transfer is frustrating and annoying.

Speaking of syncing content, does anyone else have problems with incomplete and messed up transfers? It seems like every time I sync my phone to iTunes to load some new content, three unexpected things happen.

• One, it will reload a bunch of stuff that's already on the phone. Even though there are only two or three new songs in my library, it will copy 2000-3000 songs that were already there. It's not replacing ALL of the music, but about a third of it.
    • Two, it will lose the artwork for stuff that was already on the phone. For example, I'll have a season of a TV show I ripped from DVD that was fine before the sync, but after the sync the artwork will disappear.
    • Three, it won't copy everything on the first try. iTunes sometimes copies only some of the new content and I have to sync a second or even third time to push the rest through the cable.

I'm happy to have a pocketable device that will play all my content, but my experience getting the content on that device is not satisfying.