Watch: Everything Google announced at Google I/O 2017

Posted:
in General Discussion
Google introduced a number of new products at its I/O conference this week, including the next-generation Android O operating system, the streamlined Android GO OS for emerging markets and Google Assistant for iOS. AppleInsider breaks down the event's biggest news in this video.

For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube. We're also interested in your questions about Google I/O 2017. Chime in on our forums, and we'll address it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Interesting that Google Home supports the free version of Spotify. I think Echo requires a premium account.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,727member
    Ok then. So it's official. Google can't innovate anymore. 
    Blunt[Deleted User]
  • Reply 3 of 7
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    They have some great things coming. I'm excited for the deeper intelligent and machine learning. I can't wait to see what Apple is pushing next month.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,727member
    Soli said:
    They have some great things coming. I'm excited for the deeper intelligent and machine learning. I can't wait to see what Apple is pushing next month.
    Pretty much everyone is doing that. 

Google used to have some steam. But it's pretty much dried up. 

as an ad company, they can still rethink and innovate. But as a hardware company - useless. As a software company - meh. And as a services company - convoluted and stagnant. 

To to be fair, you can't always have "the new greatest thing in the world" it doesn't work that way. But you should sporadically. And in between, you refine and continue to make strides with what you have. 

Apple doee ire this amazingly well and gets no credit. Google has BEEN in decline and gets a free pass time and again. But the reality is, innovation at google is not happening. And the future doesn't look promising. 
    Blunt
  • Reply 5 of 7
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Soli said:

So you need Google's help to formulate a responses for you. People are becoming so lazy no wonder why fact news is so prevalent, people do not want to use their brains anymore. Can not wait to see all the auto responded that get people in trouble like autocorrect.
    edited May 2017
  • Reply 6 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    That word is overrated. They showed plenty of things to show they are not standing still. What bothers me about Google is not their innovativeness or lack thereof, but their desire to collect the world's data and obscene profits with a flagrant disregard for privacy, for private gain. Just like Facebook. They care little about users or privacy and operate very much with a sense of entitlement and disregard for the individual.
    edited May 2017
  • Reply 7 of 7
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    I didn't think they were really ever innovating. News sites, including tech ones just made it look like Google was innovating because they are prototyping different things, most of which will never come to market and if they did, in classic Google style, will drop support for it 6 months later. News sites just wanted to make a BS point that Google was innovating and Apple wasn't because news sites LOVE to shit all over Apple. Why, because it gets clicks!