Apple doling out jean jackets plus Metal, iMessage, six-color logo pins to WWDC attendees

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    bkerkaybkerkay Posts: 139member
    andyring said:
    Interesting on the logo pin. Probably a gay rights thing is my guess.
    Actually has nothing to do with gay rights.  

1.  It's an older version of the Apple logo (as pointed out by others). 
    2.  The gay pride flag colors are different and in a different order compared to the Apple logo. 

So it has nothing to do with it. 
    sphericargonaut
  • Reply 22 of 27
    bruckheimerbruckheimer Posts: 116member
    Nice Jacket
  • Reply 23 of 27
    arlomediaarlomedia Posts: 271member
    Cool stuff -- makes me wish I was there!
  • Reply 24 of 27
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    larz2112 said:
    spheric said:
    andyring said:
    Are you an idiot? https://9to5mac.com/2014/05/19/fancy-a-piece-of-apple-history-apples-original-rainbow-logo-signs-being-auctioned/
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's right. 

Why would they reuse a logo they retired twenty years ago - and why wouldn't they respond to an administration that has been a total turd on human rights?

It's not like Cook's Apple has been shy about taking a stand. 
    Maybe because they have revisited the original multicolored Apple logo several times before, sometimes as a nostalgic homage to their beginnings, or because something new they are releasing has relevance to the original Macintosh.
    When have they revisited the rainbow logo since 1998?
  • Reply 25 of 27
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    What’s up with the old Apple logo and the “hello” symbol, appearing to look like they’re doing something big? I know better than to be optimistic, but…

EDIT: FINALLY HEVC AND H.265. FUCKING FINALLY.
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 26 of 27
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    larz2112 said:
    jkichline said:
    andyring said:
    Interesting on the logo comment. Probably an ignorant bigot thing is my guess.
    Nothing in andyring's comment suggests bigotry to me. Ignorance, probably, but not bigotry. A bigot is defined as "a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions." Not sure how you can derive that from andyring's post. For all you know he or she could be gay, in which case your comment would be somewhat ignorant.
    Right... Despite Apple being known for this logo for 20 years and being in an Apple group, lets go for the desingenious  interpretation...

He could also be a member of Greenpeace or Mandelas fucking former butler, but hey why not go with that... Just as plausible./

Ignorance IS the answer to everything nowadays...
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 27 of 27
    larz2112larz2112 Posts: 291member
    foggyhill said:
    larz2112 said:
    jkichline said:
    andyring said:
    Interesting on the logo comment. Probably an ignorant bigot thing is my guess.
    Nothing in andyring's comment suggests bigotry to me. Ignorance, probably, but not bigotry. A bigot is defined as "a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions." Not sure how you can derive that from andyring's post. For all you know he or she could be gay, in which case your comment would be somewhat ignorant.
    Right... Despite Apple being known for this logo for 20 years and being in an Apple group, lets go for the desingenious  interpretation...

He could also be a member of Greenpeace or Mandelas fucking former butler, but hey why not go with that... Just as plausible./

Ignorance IS the answer to everything nowadays...
    And by "desingenious" you mean disingenuous, right? Was that an honest mistake made out of ignorance, or were you intentionally being disingenuous?