Overlooked GarageBand Improvements during WWDC

Posted:
in Mac Software
Some really terrific updates to GarageBand during WWDC that may slip by completely unnoticed thanks to the big hardware and software announcements.

One of the biggies is the software now has separate percussion accompaniment tracks, with all of the fine-tuning and options previously reserved only for the "A.I.-like" drummers. This is huge for musicians who want to create Latin music and songs with a variety of percussion instruments that reach beyond the standard drum kit.

The GarageBand UI has also been dramatically refined overall and it now looks lighter and has greater precision positioning of in/out points on the timeline.

Many more improvements are still being uncovered.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Yeah, it's on our list, but unfortunately pretty far down. Still a lot to cover.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Yeah, it's on our list, but unfortunately pretty far down. Still a lot to cover.
    I'm very pleased with what I've discovered so far in the update, especially the percussion tracks feature.

i didn't create this thread as a criticism, it's just something of interest. Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    I'm very pleased with what I've discovered so far in the update, especially the percussion tracks feature.

i didn't create this thread as a criticism, it's just something of interest. Thanks.
    Yeah, the changes did look cool. I'm not a musician, and only do podcast creation with GB, so I'm not the best one to speak toward the quality.

Re: criticism. None taken. No blood, no foul.
    SpamSandwich