Inside iOS 11: Apple's Photos app gains native support for animated GIFs

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Why can't Apple allow us to search for meme's in our pictures? It's ridiculous. Half of everyone that uses the internet saves memes to their phone. I can search my photos for "Menagerie", but not memes? Pretty annoying. It would be the easiest thing for them to do, find pics and gifs with large letters over them.

Edit/add: feedback submitted, fingers crossed.
    Tag them, say memes buttshot, lol
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Which iOS app(s) are most recommended to create one's own GIFs from video or sequential photos in our own Photos library?

I do believe that if you have a Live photo, iOS 11 has (native) function to create GIF from Live photo while in Photos.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Whoa. They used the Gary Strydom bodybuilding WBF walkout gif. Total newfound respect. LOL
  • Reply 24 of 25
    I just updated my 6s + and it looks like Apple have removed all the extra keys from the keyboard when in landscape mode e.g. the cursor left and right keys are gone and now there is just blank space on each edge - or is that just me? 
  • Reply 25 of 25
    foggyhill said:
    Why can't Apple allow us to search for meme's in our pictures? It's ridiculous. Half of everyone that uses the internet saves memes to their phone. I can search my photos for "Menagerie", but not memes? Pretty annoying. It would be the easiest thing for them to do, find pics and gifs with large letters over them.

Edit/add: feedback submitted, fingers crossed.
    Tag them, say memes buttshot, lol
    Lol. That brings up my only other gripe about photos, no ability to tag (at least not via iOS). Which also seems like a ridiculous oversight. :/