iOS 11 for iPhone: See some of Apple's best new features in action

Posted:
in iPhone edited June 2017
This year's Worldwide Developers Conference was jam-packed with announcements, but for many, the biggest news is the next-generation version of Apple's most popular platform, iOS 11. AppleInsider dives in and offers you a closer look at what's new in iOS 11 in this video.

For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    seanismorrisseanismorris Posts: 1,624member
    Nice video!

This looks like the largest and most impressive update ever.

My favorite new feature is the Apple Pay add on to Messager.  I pick things up from Costco for my sister/family all the time, getting reimbursed by check is a pain in the ass. (I do everything electronically)

Also I enjoy playing Fantasy Football, so now with Apple Pay there's an easy way to pay the entry fee, and any side bets (like: I bet you $5 the Cavs win tonight).

Apple Pay wasn't something I used, because it didn't really make paying easier.  With this new feature, now it does.
    lostkiwi
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Excellent! Really enjoy the videos. Thx. :)
    lostkiwi
  • Reply 3 of 11
    peterhartpeterhart Posts: 157member
    Messages app*, not the Messenger app. 
    The App Store is getting a redesign, not the Apple Store.
    lolliver
  • Reply 4 of 11
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,921member
    So does anyone know if they've made managing bluetooth connections any easier? They ditched the headphone jack and want people to use bluetooth, but having to go into the settings app to manage blue tooth device connections is a PITA.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    michasammichasam Posts: 5member
      I pick things up from Costco for my sister/family all the time, getting reimbursed by check is a pain in the ass. (I do everything electronically)

No offence, but the rest of the world doesn't get how checks are still being used in the US.

Why aren't you using, for example Paypal, to send money to friends?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    sleakajsleakaj Posts: 32member
    michasam said:
      I pick things up from Costco for my sister/family all the time, getting reimbursed by check is a pain in the ass. (I do everything electronically)

No offence, but the rest of the world doesn't get how cheques are still being used in the US.
    Fixed for you.
    lostkiwi
  • Reply 7 of 11
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Why are demos like this being done in speed reading mode??????? AI, how about slowing down demos so that we can actually grasp all the details instead of flying by!!!!!
  • Reply 8 of 11
    freerange said:
    Why are demos like this being done in speed reading mode??????? AI, how about slowing down demos so that we can actually grasp all the details instead of flying by!!!!!
    This is a quick overview video where we wanted to cover as much as possible and keep the video short. We will have individual videos covering most of the changes in more detail. Stay tuned! 
    lostkiwijSnively
  • Reply 9 of 11
    bruckheimerbruckheimer Posts: 116member
    Awesome Video
    lostkiwi
  • Reply 10 of 11
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    IOS 11 and iPhone 8/Edition: Perfect together.
    HBW1