'Back to the Future' fan makes Apple's iPad, Xcode centerpiece of custom DeLorean modifica...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    RealKingOfDubRealKingOfDub Posts: 3unconfirmed, member
    Soli said:
    Why isn't there a red line on the speedometer at 88? Hmm, it says km/h not miles/h.
    I am very disappointed that the track playing is not "Power of Love" nor "Back in Time" by Huey Lewis and the News.
    If this is a functional Back to the Future homage then there's an attention to detail that seems to be lacking. 

If this were a real homage, it wouldn't have this iPad thing at all and would include bunch of tubes and wires and doodads in the place of the rear window.  This is just an interesting hobby project with a tiny hint of Back to the Future touches.
    It isn't an homage. I did this to enhance the functionality of my vehicle. Article incorrectly says I'm a Back to the Future fanatic.
    shamino
  • Reply 22 of 25
    RealKingOfDubRealKingOfDub Posts: 3unconfirmed, member
    One thing I've always wondered about in-car computer modifications is the heat. Can't really leave the iPad mini or Mac Mini attached to the car in the summer, can you? But you can't very well carry them into a store, either.
    You can here in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, where I did this.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 23 of 25
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    I appreciate the clarification, @RealKingOfDub
    edited July 2017 RealKingOfDub
  • Reply 24 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    You can here in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, where I did this.
    You Canucks have all the luck. I love the cold.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Soli said:
    Why isn't there a red line on the speedometer at 88? Hmm, it says km/h not miles/h.
    I am very disappointed that the track playing is not "Power of Love" nor "Back in Time" by Huey Lewis and the News.
    If this is a functional Back to the Future homage then there's an attention to detail that seems to be lacking. 
    It isn't an homage. It's to add functionality to my car. Article incorrectly says I'm a Back to the Future fanatic.
    LOL!