Roof of Chicago's North Michigan Ave. Apple Store resembles MacBook Air lid

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,115member
    dysamoria said:
    Cheesy. Waste of effort and materials for a feature only to be seen in rare circumstances. 
    You saw it.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,342member
    boredumb said:
    I wonder if they can open the roof when the weather's nice...
      Then could use the screen hidden inside to host film nights in the plaza behind.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    As a general rule I'm against making any building resemble your product or anything else. It seemed fairly common in the 1970s. This, however, seems to be less about making a roof look like a Mac notebook, but rather making a roof look appealing to all the much higher, surroundings buildings, as well as have a clear logo on top.

I also like @randominternetperson 's mention of seasonal decals. I wonder if a glowing logo would be feasible, if only seen at night when those taller buildings are likely empty.
    randominternetperson
  • Reply 24 of 27
    mjtomlin said:
    I like it..Apple has a flair for things like this. :)

Apple's manufacturing plant in Fremont, CA used to a giant rainbow Apple logo on the roof - only visible from an airplane flying over.
    Haha...thanks.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    farmboyfarmboy Posts: 152member
    anome said:
    dysamoria said:
    Cheesy. Waste of effort and materials for a feature only to be seen in rare circumstances. 
    Yeah, it's as pointless as painting the back side of the fence...
    I tried that concept with my dad once. It didn't work well for me.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    farmboyfarmboy Posts: 152member
    By the way, just in case anyone wondered if the Chicago River is really as green as the photo indicates. Oh yes. They don't really need to dye it for St. Paddy's Day, it just makes it more bilious.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    oberpongooberpongo Posts: 184member
    They should make the logo light up at night! Some powerful laser beaming the logo into the sky/onto clouds similar to the Batman logo;-)