France and Germany seek to plug tax loopholes exploited by Apple, other tech firms

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I've made no claim about them not existing before the EU
    Okay; that’s fine. However, you’ve ignored the other part of the equation: the assertion that they would not eventually exist at all without said supranational union to invoke them.
    It was only because of the EEC/EU that the rules/regulations were harmonised across the member states.
    And so IS your assertion that these things would not have ever come about without the EU? That they were done through it is in no way proof that it was the only means by which it would have been done. This, of course, leaves out the other part of the argument–whether such a thing is indeed beneficial to the member states in the first place.
    But hey I'll take my guaranteed 4 weeks paid holiday (though in my case it's 25 plus 8 bank holidays) etc.
    And you fall back to emotional arguments yet again. What a shame.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Almost as though truth is objective or something.  :p ;)
    It pretty much is -- unless you base it on Alternative Facts from one of the right propaganda sites.
    singularity
  • Reply 43 of 48
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    I love it how Governments find ways to raise up taxes expecting to bring in more money, and in general less money comes in! They can go changing their laws, make the taxes higher. It doesn't even effect Apple. Taxes don't really effect corporations, It's just a TAX on YOU. Think about it. Which is why I laugh when someone says how they don't don't pay enough taxes, say the oil company's, fine raise them, YOU pay more at the pump!!! So raise taxes, Apple bumps up the cost of the iphone and YOU pay more money. Apple makes the same. The money they expected to get from the higher taxes is way below what they thought.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 44 of 48
    It pretty much is…
    How ironic.
    ...Alternative Facts…
    Your perpetuation of this meme outs you as someone who does not believe in objective truth, as you don't comprehend the meaning or implication of the words you've just used.
    from one of the right propaganda sites.
    You'll have to do better than that.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,662member
    For those interested in how the EU views state aid and the cases that have led to the establishment of legal precedent, this link is a good starting point:

http://ec.europa.eu/competition/state_aid/legislation/provisions.html

• Reply 46 of 48
    It pretty much is…
    How ironic.
    ...Alternative Facts…
    Your perpetuation of this meme outs you as someone who does not believe in objective truth, as you don't comprehend the meaning or implication of the words you've just used.
    from one of the right propaganda sites.
    You'll have to do better than that.
    Weak...
  • Reply 47 of 48
    jbdragon said:
    I love it how Governments find ways to raise up taxes expecting to bring in more money, and in general less money comes in! They can go changing their laws, make the taxes higher. It doesn't even effect Apple. Taxes don't really effect corporations, It's just a TAX on YOU. Think about it. Which is why I laugh when someone says how they don't don't pay enough taxes, say the oil company's, fine raise them, YOU pay more at the pump!!! So raise taxes, Apple bumps up the cost of the iphone and YOU pay more money. Apple makes the same. The money they expected to get from the higher taxes is way below what they thought.
    That's the ideology, not the reality.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    Weak…
    Curious that you can’t refute what was said or substantiate your own claims. Almost as though your ideology can only survive when not under scrutiny…  ;)