Shares of Apple close at all-time high of $160.08, blowing past previous record

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,305member
    Just remember -- the first trillion is always the hardest. 
    vannygeeSpamSandwich
  • Reply 22 of 28
    sog35 said:
    Apple could always Split 1 to 5 and give a other Run up to 150 in the next 10 years.
    1 was gifted one Apple Stock a number of years ago. (Oct 2001)
    it Doubled once
    and then split 7 fold.
    making the Gesture of one Stock in a frame value at the time 1 US Dollar
    now 14 stock valued at  $ 2240
    Now if.......
    That would mean Apple would be worth close to $3.5 trillion.
    Well if we take the closing price Dec 31 2001 of $1.56 which has been adjusted for stock splits (not dividends) then compare to today's stock of approx $160, then the rate of return not counting dividends and not adjusted for inflation is about 100 times ... (=160/1.56) I originally bought in 1998 some shares and they have grown quite nicely since then - only sold a handful
  • Reply 23 of 28
    sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:
    Like I've been saying since late last year:  $170 by end of 2017.

Glad I don't listen to teh bull shit media who was dumping on Apple all last year and the beginning of this year.  My shares are looking NICE. 

Prediction for 2018?  Too early to tell.  But we could see $200.

YOU were dumping on Apple and Tim Cook last year. That's all we heard.
    But did I sell my shares? No.

My constructive criticism about Cook was reasonable.  And Cook did change many of the things I criticized him about.
    You also posted that you sold 75% of your shares.
    SpamSandwichStrangeDays
  • Reply 24 of 28
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:

Glad I don't listen to teh bull shit media who was dumping on Apple all last year and the beginning of this year.  My shares are looking NICE. 

My constructive criticism about Cook was reasonable.  And Cook did change many of the things I criticized him about.
    Ever since I blocked Sog visiting AI has been so much more pleasant.
    dasanman69
  • Reply 25 of 28
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,886member
    sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:

You crits were unreasonable and Cook didn't react to them. You're just using cognitive dissonance to forget the really dumb things you've said.
    edited August 2017 RonnnieOradarthekat
  • Reply 26 of 28
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,886member

sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:

My biggest criticism of Cook was he wasted too much time on non-essential things while the essential things were neglected. He wasted too much time on social issues instead of improving products.  iPad and Mac were being neglected. The WatchOS was being neglected.  And the iPhone design was years behind from Android (huge bezels).  In the last 12 months Cook has fixed those issues.
    O rly? Tell us, wise one, exactly how much time was he wasting on social issues? What metrics are you using? Because I'm fairly certain you have no fucking idea. 

Apple hardware takes years to produce, and any good investor or technologist would realize that. Apple knows what it needs to do better than you do, and they do it. Every year.
    RonnnieOradarthekatlkrupp
  • Reply 27 of 28
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    sog35 said:

My biggest criticism of Cook was he wasted too much time on non-essential things while the essential things were neglected. He wasted too much time on social issues instead of improving products.  iPad and Mac were being neglected. The WatchOS was being neglected.  And the iPhone design was years behind from Android (huge bezels).  In the last 12 months Cook has fixed those issues.
    Blathering idiocy bordering on psychosis.