Apple breaches tenth beta milestone with new developer test version of tvOS 11

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
After just a few days in the wild, Apple has updated one beta to beta 10, with only tvOS 11 seeing a very minor increment in revision.

Apple's tvOS 11 will include automatic light and dark appearance switching, Home Screen sync, network-based pairing, new background modes and notification support, right-to-left language support, and more. The most recent beta is build number 15J5380a, with beta 9 from Thursday holding release number 15J5378a -- an even smaller increment than the last.

The developer's notes for the release remain sparse. However, information has been gleaned from prior betas suggesting that a 4K HDR Apple TV is imminent.

Earlier on same Thursday as the last beta release, Apple declared that its next release event is on September 12. All four of Apple's operating systems in testing are expected to be released on or around the release event, with the "iPhone 8," "iPhone 7s," and "iPhone 7s Plus" likely debuting as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    breaches? I did not know milestones could be breached.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,712member
    revenant said:
    breaches? I did not know milestones could be breached.
    Only when the river has reached its bank ;)
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    I just want it to either change the output signal to match the content frame rate or (though preferably not) perform a decent conversion.  I'm sick of having to manually change the rate in settings if I mix TV from different sides of the Atlantic.