Early Apple Watch Series 3 reviews skew friendly, but with concerns about cost & glitches

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    NY1822 said:
    i'm sure this will be corrected soon enough...just a reason for big money to take stock down so they can buy cheaper.

Please can someone help me: if i choose the series 3 (non-LTE) version, how many GB are for storing music locally? is it the same as the series 2 (2GB) or more? I cannot find an answer anywhere on the internet and posted this many times on this forum with no answer found.
    thank you
    Last I heard is it is still 2GB limit, don’t know though.
    If this is true, this is a deal-killer for me (since, according to yesterday's reports, I cannot access my music directly from the phone either). It would be truly pathetic on Apple's part to restrict it to 2GB.

I am going to cancel my order of the black SS for now, and wait to see how this all pans out. In the meantime, the S0 is perfectly fine for my needs.
    Did you notice that all Series 3 Stainless Steel models are cellular and therefore have 16GB Flash memory? That gives ample space for music on-watch.

If you intend to keep your S0 model, then maybe you should not install watchOS 4, because that stops direct access to the music library (for browsing and selecting). Playing music from the iPhone (selected on the iPhone) remains possible, even on watchOS 4, with the 'Playing Now' app on the watch.
    If there's at least 10GB for music, I might reconsider. I am in no hurry. And, yeah, I'll hold off on watchOS 4. I was planning to anyway, because of this. 

Still, it's rather retrograde of Apple to kill this important functionality. 
    If you are looking for 10Gb of music, you might be better off just going to Tim's "40 Million Songs on Your Wrist"