macOS High Sierra vulnerability may let unsigned apps steal Keychain logins in plaintext

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    welshdog said:
    Let me share with you a headline about this exploit from Forbes:

"Nasty password-pilfering hack ruins Apple macOS High Sierra launch"

If I were Tim (or any CEO running a company that got slammed like that), I would be on the phone with Steve Forbes asking him what the eff was going on.  There is no need for that sort of willfully damaging headline.  Smells like Steve Forbes has a beef with Tim Cook and is looking for ways to aggravate him.
    This is the media of today. They just look for ANYTHING that looks like Apple faltering and blast Apple with negative headlines. Why? Because it gets clicks! This is today's journalism at its best. 
  • Reply 22 of 23
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Rayz2016 said:
    Y’know, when I was a lad, you could get a virus on your machine by simply opening a Word file (kudos to Microsoft for inventing VBScript, the original cross-platform virus programming language). 

Nowadays, you have to search really hard for an exploit, then ignore all the warnings your platform is screaming at you as you download it, then ignore the louder screaming as you blast through a field of checkboxes and warning dialogs to give it complete access to your system to run it. 

As someone has already said, this will be fixed in the scheduled maintenance updates. This is just the usual click-baiting from folk who lack the chops to be real journalists. 
    When I were a lad, you couldn't get a virus on your machine by opening a Word file. We spent ages explaining to the less technically savvy that it was impossible for an e-mail, which was just text after all, to contain a virus and to stop reading stupid rumours about "Join the Crew!" on Usenet.

Then Microsoft integrated VBScript for Office into Outlook...