Amazon reveals new Echo devices including Echo Spot, Echo Plus & upgraded $99 standard Ech...

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    jbdragon said:
    To me these Echo's and whatnot seem like something that should have been released 5+ years ago. 
    Somewhere along the line you must have read about Echo development as a product because it began just about 5 years plus a couple of months ago. 
    http://www.businessinsider.com/the-inside-story-of-how-amazon-created-echo-2016-4
  • Reply 42 of 46
    jason98 said:
    It is not long until Amazon will start giving their Echo products away. Perfect Trojan horse.
    Eventually: “Free with pre-paid annual Amazon Prime subscription.”
    Eventually: "Free with pre-paid annual Amazon Prime Plus subscription." 
  • Reply 43 of 46
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    Soli said:
    Great updates to the Echo line but I'll likely hold out on adding to my multi-Echo setup until I see what the HomePod can offer. For all I know the HomePod will not connect to 3rd-party (and wired) BT speakers like the Echos can, which means even the Echo Dot would have much better sound than a standalone HomePod(s). Hopefully that's a features offered by Apple out of the box, as well using a phone call relay system, at least in the same way it's worked with all non-cellular Apple Watches.

Hopefully (although I'm skeptical) Apple will release additional HomePod devices or accessories that help further connect the home where a speaker setup of the soon-to-be-available HomePod simply isn't ideal for a particular room. For example, a much smaller device used to replace the alarm clock or one that can act just a remote microphone system for a full-sized one playing SiriusXM in the adjacent bedroom while I'm showering in the morning.

For the alarm clock, Siri Apps, not unlike Alexa Skills, would be necessary for me. In fact, I hope we see this become a huge focus by WWDC in 2018 as Alexa Skills is such an amazing feature for Alexa and Echo devices.

People here love to hate on Apple Watch and Echo/Alexa but these gadgets are two that I not utilzie every day but are also the first two and the last two I use on a daily basis. I've even traveled with my Echo because it's that damn useful.
    What do you do with a traveling echo?
  • Reply 44 of 46
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    k2kw said:
    Soli said:
    Great updates to the Echo line but I'll likely hold out on adding to my multi-Echo setup until I see what the HomePod can offer. For all I know the HomePod will not connect to 3rd-party (and wired) BT speakers like the Echos can, which means even the Echo Dot would have much better sound than a standalone HomePod(s). Hopefully that's a features offered by Apple out of the box, as well using a phone call relay system, at least in the same way it's worked with all non-cellular Apple Watches.

Hopefully (although I'm skeptical) Apple will release additional HomePod devices or accessories that help further connect the home where a speaker setup of the soon-to-be-available HomePod simply isn't ideal for a particular room. For example, a much smaller device used to replace the alarm clock or one that can act just a remote microphone system for a full-sized one playing SiriusXM in the adjacent bedroom while I'm showering in the morning.

For the alarm clock, Siri Apps, not unlike Alexa Skills, would be necessary for me. In fact, I hope we see this become a huge focus by WWDC in 2018 as Alexa Skills is such an amazing feature for Alexa and Echo devices.

People here love to hate on Apple Watch and Echo/Alexa but these gadgets are two that I not utilzie every day but are also the first two and the last two I use on a daily basis. I've even traveled with my Echo because it's that damn useful.
    Moving away from it or towards it?  :)
    Soli
  • Reply 45 of 46
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    k2kw said:
    Soli said:
    I've even traveled with my Echo because it's that damn useful.
    I set it up in my hotel room and use it like I would at home.