Apple seeks new patent for folding displays as rumors of a foldable OLED iPhone heat up

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,652member
    Ive going for a phone that's twice as thick in the pocket?   Ive, the king of anorexic design?   And I don't see how the fold wouldn't become visible over time and we all know Ive doesn't like any seams or lines in the case.   So I doubt this ever comes to pass, at least not in the next few years.    It would also mean a split battery would be required.  

The biggest potential improvement to the iPhone would be longer battery life.   So if they're willing to make the phone thicker, double the size of the battery.   I also see an awful lot of people who set their phones to an incredibly large font size, which means there's still not enough resolution at default font sizes (or everyone's going blind from using screens all day).   So IMO, resolution and battery life are key - everything else is mostly silly.     When I saw those TV ads where Apple was promoting stickers in messages, I wanted to vomit.  This is what's important - something that shouldn't appeal to anyone over 11 years old?
  • Reply 22 of 22
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    zoetmb said:
    Ive going for a phone that's twice as thick in the pocket?   Ive, the king of anorexic design?   And I don't see how the fold wouldn't become visible over time and we all know Ive doesn't like any seams or lines in the case.   So I doubt this ever comes to pass, at least not in the next few years.    It would also mean a split battery would be required.  

The biggest potential improvement to the iPhone would be longer battery life.   So if they're willing to make the phone thicker, double the size of the battery.   I also see an awful lot of people who set their phones to an incredibly large font size, which means there's still not enough resolution at default font sizes (or everyone's going blind from using screens all day).   So IMO, resolution and battery life are key - everything else is mostly silly.     When I saw those TV ads where Apple was promoting stickers in messages, I wanted to vomit.  This is what's important - something that shouldn't appeal to anyone over 11 years old?
    Maybe buy a battery case huh, I don't want to double my phone's weight (most of the weight is in the battery).