iMac with Identity Crisis

Posted:
in macOS
Was having a little trouble with one of my iMacs at church. The new High Sierra upgrade interfered with a software program (ProPresenter) we use. We just kept having to reinstall High Sierra until ProPresenter upgraded.  It finally was upgraded to make it compatible with High Sierra last week. 

We have 2 iMacs. One is for Accounting and it is "Church on the Hill". The other is "Sanctuary" and it is used for video, songs, etc in the sanctuary. We also use a Time Machine for our wireless internet connection and to back up of both iMacs. For some reason, what we now have is 2 "Church on the Hill" iMacs. The "Sanctuary" iMac has disappeared. How do we get it back?  

It appears in the reinstalling High Sierra process, we have reinstalled the "Church on the Hill" data from Time Machine the what used to be "Sanctuary" machine. But when I go to Time Machine I can only find one disk to back up from and as far as know, nobody did that. To help muddy this mess, there have been 3 people trying to fix this problem so I probably don't have ALL the facts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Regardless of names, at this point you want to insure that all of your data is safe. Get everybody to stop what they're doing, and check on that.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Ok, then what?  I now have two identical computers but I want my "Sanctuary" computer back.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Ok, then what?  I now have two identical computers but I want my "Sanctuary" computer back.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201548