First look: Fitbit guns for Apple Watch Series 3 with Ionic smartwatch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    No health compatibility is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Many of you are drawing comparisons of Fitbit's existing products to an Apple Watch.That's ridiculous. They have just about nothing in common. In their product class and price range they are fine. Before I had an Apple Watch I owned a Charge and a Charge 2. No problems with them. I had no unrealistic expectations and never thought they could do what an Apple Watch does. You guys heaping on the garbage with you stories the are at least 50% BS need to grow up. Your are a perfect example of why enthusiast websites of any variety are close to worthless. All that distinguishes you from the Android fanbois is your preference for Apple. You are just like the guys on the other side.No difference.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    mrboba1mrboba1 Posts: 276member
    tommikele said:
    No health compatibility is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Many of you are drawing comparisons of Fitbit's existing products to an Apple Watch.That's ridiculous. They have just about nothing in common. In their product class and price range they are fine. Before I had an Apple Watch I owned a Charge and a Charge 2. No problems with them. I had no unrealistic expectations and never thought they could do what an Apple Watch does. You guys heaping on the garbage with you stories the are at least 50% BS need to grow up. Your are a perfect example of why enthusiast websites of any variety are close to worthless. All that distinguishes you from the Android fanbois is your preference for Apple. You are just like the guys on the other side.No difference.
    Many of who? 1 guy asked if it was better than his torn up fitbit and another complained about them falling apart. That's 2 of 20 responses. I don't even know what you are even trying to say in your other sentences. They don't make sense together and they don't apply to anything anyone has said.
    king editor the grateradarthekat
  • Reply 23 of 26
    tommikele said:
    You guys heaping on the garbage with you stories the are at least 50% BS need to grow up. Your are ...
    Bees are on the what now?
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    tommikele said:
    The butthurt is strong with this one…

Not interested without HealthKit support. Many products support HealthKit AND their own eco system. 
    radarthekat
  • Reply 25 of 26
    My GF and I are trail runners, and she wants a Garmin (b/c she can get a purple one)...I'm trying to give her my series one 38mm Apple Watch (I'll buy her a purple band) and I will get a 42mm Series 3 one for me! :)

FYI: I know, for running, the series one is basically a fancy pedometer, but I'm impressed w/ it's accuracy. Out on known distance trails it's within a tenth of mile, consistently. 

Looking fwd to getting the GPS feature.

Best.

She should want a Garmin because it's a more capable device and being able to get it in purple is a bonus.

Of course everyone has a different use case but for anything more than casual lopes around the neighborhood or treadmill sessions the AW doesn't compare.

• Reply 26 of 26
    raggedman said:
    My GF and I are trail runners, and she wants a Garmin (b/c she can get a purple one)...I'm trying to give her my series one 38mm Apple Watch (I'll buy her a purple band) and I will get a 42mm Series 3 one for me! :)

FYI: I know, for running, the series one is basically a fancy pedometer, but I'm impressed w/ it's accuracy. Out on known distance trails it's within a tenth of mile, consistently. 

Looking fwd to getting the GPS feature.

Best.

She should want a Garmin because it's a more capable device and being able to get it in purple is a bonus.

Of course everyone has a different use case but for anything more than casual lopes around the neighborhood or treadmill sessions the AW doesn't compare.

“More capable”?  How do you mean?  I can reply to texts with my Apple Watch, not just get notifications.  I can adjust my Nest and Honeywell thermostats. Make phone calls, without my phone. Delete email I’m not interested in as it arrives. Locate my iPhone. Remotely start my car. Use Siri. The list goes on. Can I do any of that with a Garmin? By looking at their literature it doesn’t appear so. And I still get all the activity tracking, water resistance, GPS and other things that the Garmin does.