First look: Apple's official iPhone X leather and silicone cases

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Way off topic but those are the boxes they should be shipping the phones in. They take up less material and space. For years Apple has been shipping the iPhone with AirPods I don’t use and now with the advent of fast charging and wireless charging, to ship they iPhone with a slow charger is a complete waste of space. /rant
  • Reply 22 of 26
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Disagree Douglas. Just because you don’t use the AirPods doesn’t mean most people don’t. And many people would need to at least buy a new lightning cable too, and might plum for a new charger too. Non inclusion would just mean Apple gets to charge an additional amount for the AirPods, cable and charger, and then of course, the AirPods, cable and charger would come in their own little packages, much more than completely negating your little bit of umm, rant.

Back on topic: someone earlier raised the issue of the case bump at the bottom of the iPhone X (absent on the Apple cases)  interfering with the unlock etc gestures. Any thoughts on the matter from others?
    edited November 2017 StrangeDays
  • Reply 23 of 26
    I've been using the Apple iPhone leather case since the 5s.  Salesperson at Apple Store said the cases are always available on launch day.

I picked up the case at Best Buy which does have them in stock in some stores.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    For the record, I have an Incipio (Flex2O™ polymer) case on my 7+ - the phone fell a metre onto a tiled balcony, slid across the floor and fell another story to a paved driveway, face down. Not a mark. https://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone-cases/iphone-7-plus-cases/ngp-iphone-7-plus-case.html

I'd like to think that the leather and silicone cases would perform as well. Any experiences?
  • Reply 25 of 26
    This case is quite good to me. My last case was metal and thick, heavy as hell and somehow i felt like it made my phone go much hotter when using