Apple Watch Series 3 LTE use not ideal for marathon runners, offers 3 hours of streaming m...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    nhughesnhughes Posts: 770editor
    flydog said:
    This article was obviously written by someone who has never participated in a marathon, and basically saw the battery life as a gateway into creating some clickbait.

Serious marathon runners do not wear headphones, and headphones are prohibited for professional runners. Some marathons also prohibit them for all participants. Moreover, it is unlikely that runners who are training for competition will be relying on an Apple Watch as their fitness device.

It's a non-issue for 99.99% of Apple Watch owners.
    This comment was obviously written by someone who didn't read the entire article.

Tone down on the personal attacks and accusations of "clickbait."
    anantksundaram
  • Reply 22 of 27
    flydog said:

How so? What if I want to stream music to my Watch while I am, say, in my office, say, via a BT speaker? Or headphones while I am in a train or a bus for a couple hours? My Watch will lose a signifiant proportion of its battery charge?
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 23 of 27
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    flydog said:

How so? What if I want to stream music to my Watch while I am, say, in my office, say, via a BT speaker? Or headphones while I am in a train or a bus for a couple hours? My Watch will lose a signifiant proportion of its battery charge?
    Yes. and the smaller battery will die quicker, using your small battery device when you could be carrying the other bigger ones (its not still a full replacement for a cell phone) will result in possible dead battery.
    T
    hat's the same reason people buy battery pack for their phones (which are both bigger and often don't make the day).

There is no miracle, carrying a charger  for the watch if you're using it exclusively or seeding them around to places you need to charge it, is the same thing many people do to charge their phones mid day.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    foggyhill said:
    flydog said:

Yes. and the smaller battery will die quicker, using your small battery device when you could be carrying the other bigger ones (its not still a full replacement for a cell phone) will result in possible dead battery.
    T
    hat's the same reason people buy battery pack for their phones (which are both bigger and often don't make the day).

There is no miracle, carrying a charger  for the watch if you're using it exclusively or seeding them around to places you need to charge it, is the same thing many people do to charge their phones mid day.
    Oh gee. Thanks for that lesson. How did I not realize that the battery was smaller, and that a smaller battery will die quicker. 

/s

(Sheesh... how about bringing back the ability to play music from the iPhone, as the previous versions did: did you miss the post above where I pointed out that the toll it takes on battery life is low?)
  • Reply 25 of 27
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    foggyhill said:
    flydog said:

T

Oh gee. Thanks for that lesson. How did I not realize that the battery was smaller, and that a smaller battery will die quicker. 

/s

(Sheesh... how about bringing back the ability to play music from the iPhone, as the previous versions did: did you miss the post above where I pointed out that the toll it takes on battery life is low?)
    Well, did not seem that way from what you actually said.
     People complaining about low battery life when they're using the watch the same way they use their phone is something that shouldn't happen if people used logic.
    Yet, we get these things all the time.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Three hours of LTE would be plenty enough time for my daily use. I just wish the data plan was included or was available from low cost providers like Boost Mobile.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    I ran the Boston marathon yesterday and after the most recent update my watch battery only lasted over 2 hours. I was using local music but the gps crushed the battery. Big disappointment...