Giant lines forming at Apple stores internationally in advance of iPhone X sales

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member

Damn! I knew there was somewhere I was supposed to be this morning...

Actually, I don't do lines. I hate queuing. I get very anxious, and extremely defensive of correct queue etiquette. The whole experience is very stressful. Besides I don't care about the people next to me in the queue. Dealing with the Apple Store staff is stressful enough.

The queues here are kind of weird, since the only Apple Store is in a shopping mall, which isn't open overnight, and they don't usually let people queue outside the store. The last time I saw a queue there before the mall opened, they were outside the nearest entry, and then led up to the store by a security guard at opening time, to make sure no-one jumped ahead of anyone.

Still, some people like doing it, and good luck to them. It makes for good publicity for Apple, although these days most of the stories on the news are of the "Look at these losers" variety.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 26
    wlym said:
    Why are lines forming for the iPhone X?  I'm certain a few genius analysts had said, "No one will be paying $999 for an iPhone when you can get an equivalent flagship Android smartphone for almost half the price." "Also, consumers are scared of using Face ID because it's a relatively new technology and they're never going to buy an iPhone without Touch ID?" "Everyone hates that monstrous notch which is causing Steve Jobs to turn over in his grave." "No mere mortal can afford to pay that much money for a smartphone!" /s

Have consumers stopped using credit cards? Although analysts and big investors are quite worried about Apple's gloomy future, I'm sure every iPhone X in stock will be sold out by the end of the day. It's rather unlikely any flagship Android smartphone this year will sell out as quickly. In the end, an iPhone X is still an iPhone and will likely sell in the tens of millions of units and as fast as Foxconn can turn them out.
    It's cuz they're all just sheep buying whatever Apple's marketing tells them to buy, because Apple.  /s
    And there are people buying crap because it’s not Apple. What do you call them? Oh, yeah, never mind, they’re just haters
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Mine is in Loolvul awaiting a 5-hour plane ride to the SF Bay Area.
    same (except for the SFO part)

• Reply 24 of 26
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    400 people in one of the Apple store in Sydney lining up this morning! Most got their phones including me. Happy day.
    radarthekatiqatedowatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    avon b7 said:
    Why are lines forming for the iPhone X?  I'm certain a few genius analysts had said, "No one will be paying $999 for an iPhone when you can get an equivalent flagship Android smartphone for almost half the price." "Also, consumers are scared of using Face ID because it's a relatively new technology and they're never going to buy an iPhone without Touch ID?" "Everyone hates that monstrous notch which is causing Steve Jobs to turn over in his grave." "No mere mortal can afford to pay that much money for a smartphone!" /s

Have consumers stopped using credit cards? Although analysts and big investors are quite worried about Apple's gloomy future, I'm sure every iPhone X in stock will be sold out by the end of the day. It's rather unlikely any flagship Android smartphone this year will sell out as quickly. In the end, an iPhone X is still an iPhone and will likely sell in the tens of millions of units and as fast as Foxconn can turn them out.
    What counts is how many they sell from revision to revision, not on the opening week or month. 
    “What counts is me finding a metric that makes Apple look like it’s failing.”

bestkeptsecretwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 26
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    kevin kee said:
    400 people in one of the Apple store in Sydney lining up this morning! Most got their phones including me. Happy day.
    George Street? Must have been a bit cramped given the roadworks going on there.