Thieves grab over 300 iPhone X units off delivery truck in San Francisco

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,191member
    Soli said:
    And what issues did you take with the study when you read it?
    They went seeking correlation... and they found some. And, what does their thesis (even if true) have to do with anything? It's like the 'studies' claiming atheists are highly educated (inferring the religious aren't). It's sort of an ad-hominem mixed with a red herring.

Soli said:
    I don't follow what you think is at all suspicious about a delivery truck delivering Apple products to an Apple Store. To me, suspicion that something was amiss wouldn't begin until the truck had far exceeded its normal delivery time without any word of why its late.
    I know sarcasm doesn't always come through in text... but that one was dripping with it, and you somehow missed it? The point is that for some thieves to attack a delivery truck at an Apple Store around new product launch time is kind of a 'duh' situation. No rocket science necessary. No collusion with the driver necessary (though there may have been to open up that 15 minute window... that's the odd part, to me).

LoneStar88 said:
    Meanwhile, in like manner, anyone who expects to get a "deal" paying substantially under MSRP for an Apple product, should realize that such items are most likely "hot" or turn out to be "bricked."
    Why would they sell them at substantially under MSRP. That would probably draw attention. They'll likely ship them out of country (though that's risky), or they'll pretend to be opportunists who bought them in hopes of selling to the eager for a bit of profit (i.e.: I bought this phone for $999 in line at the Apple Store, and I'll sell it to you for only $1100. Look, the box has never been opened.)

StrangeDays said:
    How does one outlet pretend to be a hot-shot journalist? what is a hot-shot journalist?
    Any sort of belief in the super natural, including dead guys walking on water, is childish nonsense. But conspiracy theorists are in a league of their own.
    Did you read the article? LOL It's a "I'm a hip 'progressive' who's here to talk down to you from my heights of knowledge" piece... pretending it's journalism they are doing. It would be a fun article to do a podcast episode on or written rebuttal picking it apart piece by piece. aka... a joke.

But, I can see you're clearly one of the 'brights' as well. ;)  (Any day you want to debate about supernatural and dead guys walking on water... you're on!)

That said, I agree about true conspiracy theory and how hard (impossible?) they are to hold together. But, there's a huge difference between true conspiracy theory (wacky idea, with no evidence, and super-hard to cover up) and, say, a powerful group of people (especially gov't entities who are often 'above the law') working an agenda that is counter to the best interests of unaware and apathetic citizens. And... there's a LOT of grey space in the middle there!

davidw said:
    If this was an inside job, then mostly likely the leak wasn't from the driver but the someone working for the shipper. 
    That's possible.... and makes sense if it were that targeted. But, I wonder if you guys might be way overthinking this. First, you're assuming the thieves were specifically targeting getting iPhone Xs. Maybe they just thought it was an ideal time to hit an Apple delivery, as odds were they might get them, and if not, something else good and valuable. You sit in a van where you see the delivers come each day (probably around a similar time?) and wait for an opportunity. And, even if the delivery guy hadn't stayed as long in the store... would have he been able to stop them anyway? He'd just likely have notified the authorities slightly more quickly, but I doubt he'd have fought them off.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    cgWerks said:
    StrangeDays said:
    How does one outlet pretend to be a hot-shot journalist? what is a hot-shot journalist?
    Any sort of belief in the super natural, including dead guys walking on water, is childish nonsense. But conspiracy theorists are in a league of their own.
    Did you read the article? LOL It's a "I'm a hip 'progressive' who's here to talk down to you from my heights of knowledge" piece... pretending it's journalism they are doing. It would be a fun article to do a podcast episode on or written rebuttal picking it apart piece by piece. aka... a joke.

But, I can see you're clearly one of the 'brights' as well. ;)  (Any day you want to debate about supernatural and dead guys walking on water... you're on!)
    You've defined nothing -- you said they're pretending to be "hot-shot journalists" but you cant even define what your own term means. Typical.

Why would I debate you about supernatural nonsense? It's all just pretend, with no more basis in reality than other fairy tales for children, and we don't debate those. No, I only deal with topics that exist in real life.

• Reply 43 of 45
    StrangeDays said:
    You've defined nothing -- you said they're pretending to be "hot-shot journalists" but you cant even define what your own term means. Typical.

Why would I debate you about supernatural nonsense? It's all just pretend, with no more basis in reality than other fairy tales for children, and we don't debate those. No, I only deal with topics that exist in real life.
    What do I need to define? hot-shot? journalist? I assume a slight bit of common knowledge and language, I guess.

Thanks for enlightening me, though, oh wise one. Why don't you explain how a bunch of matter bumping together 'deals with topics.' I assumed I was communicating with another conscious being. Please explain...

I didn't expect you'd want to try and debate it... most won't. (& after you get done pondering consciousness, maybe move on to morality, free agency, fine tuning, origin of life, biological design, mathematics, origin of the universe... and when you get done with those, try giving me a reasonable explanation of Christ's resurrection. You can reach me at TilledSoil dot org and I'll be happy to publish a written back and fourth.)

From the article:
     "While we 'intellectual dumbasses' are able to combine healthy, rational skepticism with a residual faith in mainstream media coverage—that is, to retain the ability to distinguish critically between inevitable ideological bias in editorial line and Illuminati-run mind-control programs—the conspiracy theorist sees through reality's alluringly deceptive naturalness, its fake façade. It's all kayfabe, man, staged for the sheeple. These surface-scratchers and decoders are able to join the dots, spot the agendas, and see the hidden forces at play. They are different, woke, 'too special to be duped.'"

Are you two related? 
    But, I'll give him that he's a talented writer, being able to apply the 'Elephant and Blind Mans' perspective so eloquently to his theory about conspiracy theorists from the vantage point of the enlightened progressive.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    That's odd. San Francisco is so safe city... only that Oakland.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    That's odd. San Francisco is so safe city... only that Oakland.
    Is that sarcasm?