Apple releases iOS 11.1.1 update with 'i' autocorrect fix, 'Hey Siri' bug repair

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    slurpy said:
    ManuFR said:
    And my iPhone 7 still can’t do a simple 1+2+3 without answering 24...
    Stop whining. It's already fixed in the 11.2 beta. Or, you know, you can figure out what 1+2+3 is by yourself. 

You could show a little bit more courtesy and less being Apple shill. Some of us predate Apple achievements and are entitled to judge based on engineering education.
    sorry but your 1980s engineering degree (software?) doesn’t qualify you for much in the world of software engineering today. the systems we work on are a thousand times more complex, and capable of a million times more. bugs happen, have always happened, will always happen. expecting bug-free software just means you don’t understand computers very well. 
  • Reply 22 of 29
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    Is the battery issue addressed in this update? My battery since the 11.0.3 update drains twice as fast. It seems to be Safari that is causing the problem.
    waverboy
  • Reply 23 of 29
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    kimberly said:
     If 1+2+3 = 24, then what else is it potentially doing wrong where the arithmetic isn't so trivial.
    Ah ok, you have no clue, gotcha.

Its not having arithmetic issues, it’s the button press animation was lagging so fast typers were entering 1 + 23.
    which obviously equals 24.
    tipoo
  • Reply 24 of 29
    slurpy said:
    ManuFR said:
    Stop whining. It's already fixed in the 11.2 beta. Or, you know, you can figure out what 1+2+3 is by yourself. 

And you can stop being an asshat.  Not everyone runs beta software and it is another bug that never should have happened.  
    randominternetperson
  • Reply 25 of 29
    kocochran said:
    Well guess what.....SIRI still does not work even with that update that states they fixed it... Have tried everything they suggested to fix it to no avail and seen the update today and thought it was going to happen.. but no...
    Me too haha :)
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Has battery life been fixed?  I'm not updating my 6s Plus to iOS 11 until that happens.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,142member
    waverboy said:
    Has battery life been fixed?  I'm not updating my 6s Plus to iOS 11 until that happens.

11.1 seems between 10 and 11.0 in battery life, 11.1.1 does not seem to improve this further. 

My framerate on my 7 is also still all over the place. 
    waverboy
  • Reply 28 of 29
    evilution said:
    kimberly said:
     If 1+2+3 = 24, then what else is it potentially doing wrong where the arithmetic isn't so trivial.
    Ah ok, you have no clue, gotcha.

Its not having arithmetic issues, it’s the button press animation was lagging so fast typers were entering 1 + 23.
    which obviously equals 24.
    Stuff like that really bugs me when I'm using my phone. A cutesy interface is form-over-function when it interferes with my ability to enter information accurately. If a $5 pocket calculator can "keep up" with my keystrokes, it seems reasonable to expect my expensive phone to be able to. If visual feedback is interfering with its ability to do that, I'd suggest someone made a bad design choice.

I have similar complaints about Messages. The device seems to be so busy trying to guess what words I'm typing that it falls behind and misses the characters I actually enter. I've turned off predictive whatever-it's-called, but every update turns it back on for some reason.

Input lag isn't the end of the world, but neither is it reasonable for apologists to shame users with remarks about unrealistic expectations (especially when "no lag" has been one of the tentpole arguments for the iPhone over competing devices).
    edited November 2017 randominternetpersonretrogusto
  • Reply 29 of 29
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    kimberly said:
    slurpy said:
    ManuFR said:

Idiotic comment about whining.  If 1+2+3 = 24, then what else is it potentially doing wrong where the arithmetic isn't so trivial.  SpamSandwich ... those of us who did Engineering degrees too many years ago will likely vouch for the updated HP 15C app !
    What happens is the slow + animation. So when you hit 1+, the + hasn't finished and so you enter 2+3 and all it sees is 23. Well 23+1 equals 24. The math is right, think of the app as laggy. So if you slow down, it'll work as it should. Yes it's a bug that clearly needs to be fixed. You can do the same thing doing 4+5+6 and end up with 60. Again, 4+, the Plus is not working at that point and you end up with 56, not 5+6. So it's 56+4=60. Just to 12+12+12+12+ and see how how it lags. So slow down and wait for a big fix or one one of the many other calculators.