Apple issues third developer betas of iOS 11.2, macOS 10.13.2, watchOS 4.2, tvOS 11.2

Posted:
in iOS
Apple on Monday supplied developers with a third pre-release beta of its four major platforms, all of which are due to receive point-two releases in the coming weeks.

iOS 11.2, macOS 10.13.2, watchOS 4.2, and tvOS 11.2 were all given fresh beta builds for developers. They arrive one week after the second betas.

The updates are expected to mark the public launch of Apple Pay Cash, which allows for peer-to-peer money transfers via the Messages app.

It also rectifies a Calculator bug, and incorporates a Now Playing widget for Apple TV media in Control Center. For developers it also introduces SiriKit commands for the HomePod.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Hope TVOS gets the functions -- like genres, last played, etc. -- restored that Apple failed to update from previous version of TVOS. Apple engineers have absolutely crippled Apple TV and TVOS by giving both such short shrift.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I hope Mac OS gets some love. It's been absolutely unstable since the upgrade for me, especially when running Parallels. 
  • Reply 3 of 4
    stpat said:
    I hope Mac OS gets some love. It's been absolutely unstable since the upgrade for me, especially when running Parallels. 
    Hope you upgraded Parallels. The old versions won’t read the new Apple File System (APFS) so it corrupted some files when trying to open them in the parallels side. Had to do a mandatory parallels upgrade on all of our company machines when we updated our Macs. 
    caladanian
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Wonder if and when Apple will let you change the color of the “family” emojis. Only the standard color of yellow. Such an obvious omission for so long now.