Apple issues fourth developer betas of iOS 11.2, watchOS 4.2, tvOS 11.2

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    lkrupp said:
    waverboy said:
    Battery life improvement?  I'm not upgrading my 6s Plus to 11 until this is fixed.
    You blathering about it doesn’t make it true. There is nothing to be fixed in this matter. I have an iPhone 6 on iOS 11.1.2 and my battery lasts two days regularly. I’ve been using it all day and it’s at 70% right now. If you read it on the Internet that doesn’t mean it has to be true. 
    My experience with my 6+ is the opposite:  The battery drain is incredible.   BUT, it seems to be dependent on what the phone is being asked to do.   Video seems to drain it like a damn with a hole in the middle.
    Well, seems there is an issue with the youtube app, if you are using that.
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 22 of 33
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    woolie said:
    Fanboys aside, the template is established by Apple's management that year after year releases their software on day x ready or not...  Rigid/unrealistic deadlines produces crapware...   When the iPhone X demo failed on stage, you knew Apple's software had reached new low's... I love Apple's hardware & I have ten of their products, but I despise the constant release of untested software that kills the life of their hardware... Yes, they will fix it someday, but it's a pathetic way to treat your customers...    Yes, I do clean installs & I go in and delete the features that consume a lot of battery life...
    Except it didn't really fail in the way your suggesting. More a failure in the demo itself than in the software.
    Try again.
    caliStrangeDays
  • Reply 23 of 33
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    woolie said:
    Fanboys aside, the template is established by Apple's management that year after year releases their software on day x ready or not...  Rigid/unrealistic deadlines produces crapware...   When the iPhone X demo failed on stage, you knew Apple's software had reached new low's... I love Apple's hardware & I have ten of their products, but I despise the constant release of untested software that kills the life of their hardware... Yes, they will fix it someday, but it's a pathetic way to treat your customers...    Yes, I do clean installs & I go in and delete the features that consume a lot of battery life...
    iPhone didn’t fail on stage....

I see you’ve been eating the anti-apple propaganda.

People this stupid should be called names. 
    razorpitStrangeDays
  • Reply 24 of 33
    foggyhill said:
    lkrupp said:
    waverboy said:
    Battery life improvement?  I'm not upgrading my 6s Plus to 11 until this is fixed.
    You blathering about it doesn’t make it true. There is nothing to be fixed in this matter. I have an iPhone 6 on iOS 11.1.2 and my battery lasts two days regularly. I’ve been using it all day and it’s at 70% right now. If you read it on the Internet that doesn’t mean it has to be true. 
    My experience with my 6+ is the opposite:  The battery drain is incredible.   BUT, it seems to be dependent on what the phone is being asked to do.   Video seems to drain it like a damn with a hole in the middle.
    Well, seems there is an issue with the youtube app, if you are using that.
    Very likely...  But I use it very seldom.
    Most of the drain is coming from FaceBook which is becoming video intensive...
  • Reply 25 of 33
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    The battery drain on my 6S+ is significantly noticeable. On iOS 10 I’d leave the house in the morning with around 92% battery. That’s with listening to a podcast as I get ready, checking mail, etc. Now I find myself routinely leaving with 80-82%. 

The “iPod” features are horrendous. While in the car sometimes the line in won’t work, so I switch to Bluetooth. Sometimes Bluetooth doesn’t work so I have to use the line in. If I’m listening to Apple Music and ask Siri to play a podcast, the podcast will play for 2-3 seconds then Apple Music will come back on. If I’m listening to a podcast and want Apple Music the opposite happens. Very disappointed with iOS 11 so far. Thinking about signing up for the beta program but kind of scared to at this point.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 26 of 33
    MplsP said:
    lkrupp said:
    waverboy said:
    there are five iOS 11 devices in our household, all working absolutely fine (an X, an 6s, and ipads air, mini and pro). dunno what we’re doing wrong...
    It may well be that neither of you is doing anything wrong. If it were a bug that happened all the time, Apple would have fixed it by now. Even with the relative hardware uniformity within the Apple ecosystem, there are still more obscure bugs that appear randomly and are much more difficult to track down. The fact that you aren’t experiencing a bug that another user is doesn’t mean the bug doesn’t exist. Name calling and accusing people of lying doesn’t do much to further conversation.
    I didn’t see anyone calling anyone names or liars. Strange comment. 

My comment is to point out that, if you treated techie forums as real life, you’d think iOS is a complete disaster and failing left and right. It’s not. For the vast, vast non-vocal majority, iOS 11 is a joy to use. The loud techie echo chamber is artificially amplified and dramatic, as per usual. 

But thanks for the virtue signaling.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 27 of 33

woolie said:
    What nonsense. Face ID didn’t fail on stage. It worked exactly as designed and was locked out by prior attempts by stage hands, as explained. Face ID is fantastic. Leave your troll FUD at home, son. 
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 28 of 33
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    MplsP said:
    lkrupp said:
    waverboy said:
    there are five iOS 11 devices in our household, all working absolutely fine (an X, an 6s, and ipads air, mini and pro). dunno what we’re doing wrong...
    It may well be that neither of you is doing anything wrong. If it were a bug that happened all the time, Apple would have fixed it by now. Even with the relative hardware uniformity within the Apple ecosystem, there are still more obscure bugs that appear randomly and are much more difficult to track down. The fact that you aren’t experiencing a bug that another user is doesn’t mean the bug doesn’t exist. Name calling and accusing people of lying doesn’t do much to further conversation.
    I didn’t see anyone calling anyone names or liars. Strange comment. 

My comment is to point out that, if you treated techie forums as real life, you’d think iOS is a complete disaster and failing left and right. It’s not. For the vast, vast non-vocal majority, iOS 11 is a joy to use. The loud techie echo chamber is artificially amplified and dramatic, as per usual. 

But thanks for the virtue signaling.
    Yes - forums tend to take on their own personality and have a subset of people, and people are much more likely to post with complaints/issues than they are if everything is going well. My comment was prompted more by the fact that many posts seemed to imply that since they weren’t having any issues, another poster complaining about issues must be making it up. Perhaps I’m taking the comments, wrong. 

Both I and my wife have had many, small issues with iOS 11 - the worst of which is the lock screen notification bug which causes your lock screen to loose the clock and any notifictions until you restart your phone. Overall, the issues are gradually resolving. I’m not a fan of the new Notification Center, and I still think way they made the Bluetooth/wifi switches in the control center work half way is confusing and ill-conceived, but the overall effect of iOS 11 on my day to day use has been minimal - positive or negative.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    razorpit said:
    The battery drain on my 6S+ is significantly noticeable. On iOS 10 I’d leave the house in the morning with around 92% battery. That’s with listening to a podcast as I get ready, checking mail, etc. Now I find myself routinely leaving with 80-82%. 

The “iPod” features are horrendous. While in the car sometimes the line in won’t work, so I switch to Bluetooth. Sometimes Bluetooth doesn’t work so I have to use the line in. If I’m listening to Apple Music and ask Siri to play a podcast, the podcast will play for 2-3 seconds then Apple Music will come back on. If I’m listening to a podcast and want Apple Music the opposite happens. Very disappointed with iOS 11 so far. Thinking about signing up for the beta program but kind of scared to at this point.
    Thanks!   I have been experiencing the same kind of erratic things in the car too with Apple Music.   Sometimes the lightening port works -- sometimes it decides to play 3 seconds of every song in my phone's library.  Usually the Bluetooth connects, but not always...  

I was blaming the radio.   Sorry radio! 
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Well. I guess checking this thread to see what was new in this beta was a mistake... (insert one thoused eye rolling emoji)

• Reply 31 of 33
    Well. I guess checking this thread to see what was new in this beta was a mistake... (insert one thoused eye rolling emoji)

I feel so very bad that you disapprove....   We'll do our best to meet your expectations next time.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    waverboy said:
    lkrupp said:
    waverboy said:
    Your online blathering is surely equally worthless then. Might not be true for you, but it's true for many, and I'll not take the chance, thanks.
    So the millions upon millions of users who don’t have battery issues are the exception rather than the rule? Counting hits on a Google search means nothing you know. So cut your losses now and move to Android because Apple will not be “fixing” any battery issue anytime soon. Apple usually doesn’t fix issues that don’t exist.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    lkrupp said:
    waverboy said:
    lkrupp said:
    waverboy said:
    Your online blathering is surely equally worthless then. Might not be true for you, but it's true for many, and I'll not take the chance, thanks.
    So the millions upon millions of users who don’t have battery issues are the exception rather than the rule? Counting hits on a Google search means nothing you know. So cut your losses now and move to Android because Apple will not be “fixing” any battery issue anytime soon. Apple usually doesn’t fix issues that don’t exist.
    The trouble with that argument is that, while there may be millions who don't have battery issues, there may (and apparently are) millions who do.   You can deny that, but you can't change that.

Will Apple address the issue?   We don't know.  But it doesn't look good.