Apple celebrates Thanksgiving, Christmas with 'Sway' ad featuring iPhone X, AirPods

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member

cali said:
    It was amazing and cute until the end where they go back to playing gender roles.

The man isn't supposed to "harass" the woman and the woman is supposed to wait until the man makes the first move. So they both walk away from each other leaving a depressing finale to an otherwise great ad.
    Christ, if you’re reading all of those social and gender roles into this ad you’re viewing it wrong. Seriously. The only one pushing messages like that is you, this is a dance piece. As for the end I’ve seen and performed in dance companies and an ending where the two walk away after a moving duet is common, almost cliche. It’s not depressing.

Techies really need to get out and do more. Go to plays, see the opera, and learn what actual people enjoy in real life. 
    Agreed. And maybe kiss a girl. Or whomever.

I liked the ad though I'd have preferred a more upbeat song (as I'm not a Sam Smith fan) like the Sway cover by the Pussycat Dolls. But that really wouldn't have been in keeping with the season and sentiment. It would have lacked the poignancy of a moment imagined.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    mac_128 said:
    It's too bad her fantasy man, couldn't just pair his AirPods to her phone, so they could both experience her fantasy fully emerged in stereo sound. You know, like you used to be able to do with wired headphones and a headphone jack splitter. In fact, wasn't there an iPod commercial where they did that? Who can remember ...

Still hard to believe a year after these things came out there's no way to pair two sets to the same device. Unless there is and I just missed it? That would have been the feature to show off in this commercial if so ...

AirPods are Bluetooth devices, and you can pair multiple Bluetooth devices to an iPhone.

If you want to use multiple Bluetooth headphones at the same time, that’s not how Bluetooth works. Show me where that has been done before.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    cali said:
    It was amazing and cute until the end where they go back to playing gender roles.
    News flash: biology shapes society, not the other way around.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Just DESCRIBING this concept encouraged someone to look into AirPods. No more corded headphones when you and a friend are sharing audio.

FYI, my daughter and I already share my AirPods; we just do it to the cover of Harlem Shuffle from Baby Driver.

Next, Billy Idol's Dancing With Myself...
  • Reply 25 of 26
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Just DESCRIBING this concept encouraged someone to look into AirPods. No more corded headphones when you and a friend are sharing audio.

FYI, my daughter and I already share my AirPods; we just do it to the cover of Harlem Shuffle from Baby Driver.

Next, Billy Idol's Dancing With Myself...
    No more corded headphones when you and a friend are sharing audio, but no more stereo either. You and your daughter only share mono music? A podcast or audio book would be fine to share that way, but even then without program in both ears, it's pretty easy to be distracted by other sounds. I know my gym plays loud music in the weight room, so if I were going to share music with someone from my iPhone using my AirPods, it would be pointless, since I'd get the gym music in the opposite ear.

its really too bad Apple hasn't made an effort to offer a way to split a BT signal to two sets of BT headphones, the way a headphone jack splitter used to allow two people to share the same source from one device. There's not even a Lightning splitter for two pair of Lightning headphones. Or even a mix of Lightning and 3.5mm headphones. But a BT solution would really be something.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Does anyone think Apple might have placed the iPhone X Plus in this commercial? I’ve looked at it a couple times and the iPhone looks bigger and differently proportioned than the iPhone X. It would be an interesting move. Let me know what you think.