Stock Ticker not working correctly

Posted:
in Feedback

For the last few weeks the stock ticker change indicator always show green even when the stock price is down. Today it is down , it show + - 0.58, it show both the + and - signs except when the price is up it still shows green but only the + sign no - sign.

Maybe AI always wants everyone think Apple price is going up.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 7
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 3,097administrator
    Thx, handed off to web team.

    Edit- fixed.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 2 of 7
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 4,166member
    Yep it is fixed.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 4,166member

    Broke again, just showing red when the stock is up no - sign this time, just red.

    Glad to be your web team's QA

    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 4 of 7
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 324administrator
    maestro64 said:

    Broke again, just showing red when the stock is up no - sign this time, just red.

    Glad to be your web team's QA

    We really do appreciate it. We had to very hastily re-do that bit of code because yahoo finance killed their feeds one day with no warning after many many years. There's some nuances in the new feed provider we use. It hasn't been given a full and proper once-over because I've been tied up with something else (plus we need to catch both states of change to make appropriate fixes), and it's not really something too many people pay attention to.

    Please do let us know if it goes bananas again.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jSnively said:
    maestro64 said:

    Broke again, just showing red when the stock is up no - sign this time, just red.

    Glad to be your web team's QA

    We really do appreciate it. We had to very hastily re-do that bit of code because yahoo finance killed their feeds one day with no warning after many many years. There's some nuances in the new feed provider we use. It hasn't been given a full and proper once-over because I've been tied up with something else (plus we need to catch both states of change to make appropriate fixes), and it's not really something too many people pay attention to.

    Please do let us know if it goes bananas again.
    Have you tried Google Finance?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 324administrator
    [...]
    Have you tried Google Finance?
    Google doesn't provide a service we can use for our purposes. While it's technically possible, their terms of service forbid it :)
  • Reply 7 of 7
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 4,166member
    jSnively said:
    [...]
    Have you tried Google Finance?
    Google doesn't provide a service we can use for our purposes. While it's technically possible, their terms of service forbid it :)

    and I believe they change their API all the time so it would be broken in no time.
Sign In or Register to comment.