Apple adds indoor maps for airports in Berlin, London, Geneva & Amsterdam

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple has added detailed indoor coverage to several European airports in Apple Maps, including Berlin's Tegel and Schoenefeld, London's Heathrow and Gatwick, Amsterdam's Schiphol, and Geneva in Switzerland.

Travelers can use their iPhone to find things like gates, baggage, bathrooms, security checkpoints, and various shops and restaurants. Only some of these items are visible on a paired Apple Watch, however.

Apple has been gradually adding airport maps since this summer's iOS 11 betas. Until recently the company was concentrating on the U.S., adding terminals in cities like Chicago, Miami, Las Vegas, and San Jose.

More airports have been promised, but major hubs like New York's JFK and Toronto's Pearson still have only partial details.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Is Charles-de-Gaulle (Paris) included on that list? If there's ever an airport you need help getting around, its CDG. Schipol on the other hand is a breeze, had no problems with either Heathrow or Gatwick too whether flying there specifically or just connecting.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    When l went to Geneva airport 30 years ago l got lost. Part of the airport building was in France and part in Switzerland. They had board controls between the two countries inside the building. Is it still like this? 
    badmonk
  • Reply 3 of 5
    There is still a France side and Swiss side at the airport, but its way easier now ever since Switzerland joined the Schengen area. 
    badmonk
  • Reply 4 of 5
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,100member
    I wish Apple would concede mapping technology to Google and focus their resources on Apple issues, like being able to type an I and not having your entire computer hacked by root login.

And Tim, it's time to go. Your 5 year grace period is over since Steve's passing. We need a real leader and visionary like Elon Musk to take the reigns.
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 5 of 5
    tyler82 said:
    I wish Apple would concede mapping technology to Google and focus their resources on Apple issues, like being able to type an I and not having your entire computer hacked by root login.

And Tim, it's time to go. Your 5 year grace period is over since Steve's passing. We need a real leader and visionary like Elon Musk to take the reigns.
    Whats your problem?
    Apple Maps is a done deal, it is just as successful as Google Maps(when you factor it's exclusive to Apple devices). It's also just as useful IMO.
    You don't think Tim is doing good, Apple has continued its improving sales since Steve died, so... What's the problem?